Large all white ironstone 15-1/4 x 11-1/4 oval platter

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by kaudet, Mar 1, 2020.

1. kaudet

kaudet Well-Known Member

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone know the pattern name or maker of this unmarked all-white, no trim ironstone oval serving platter? It measures 15-1/4" by 11-1/4" in diameter. It has an embossed design on the rim with two vertical bars that divide the rim into sections. The design is rather colonial in looks - sort of like Wedgwood's Queen's Plain - but ours is not as scalloped as that pattern. It has an embossed bar on the bottom - similar to that found on Haviland Limoges. Not quite sure what function this bar has.

Any help with this id is much appreciated.
    TIA

Kathy white ironstone unmarked oval platter embossed rim divided sections 15.25 by 11.25 mystery.JPG white ironstone unmarked oval platter embossed rim divided sections 15.25 by 11.25 mystery 031.JPG white ironstone unmarked oval platter embossed rim divided sections 15.25 by 11.25 mystery 032.JPG

2. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

Looks like one of the Mikasa patterns from the 1990s.
    Can't think of which one at the moment.

3. clutteredcloset49

4. flipper

flipper Striving to face adversity with tact and humor

Your example looks like it has an additional step on the rim and the "sections" on the OP seem to be more defined?

Christmasjoy likes this.
  5. kaudet

kaudet Well-Known Member

It is somewhat like the Museum White pattern by Iroquois and Simpson. Do you think it is a match? The other pieces without the sectional border rim have vertical panels. Maybe looking for "panels" will help. Not sure.

https://www.replacements.com/webquote/iromuw.htm

6. kaudet

kaudet Well-Known Member

PortableTreasures likes this.
  7. clutteredcloset49

Looks better than the one I suggested.
    I'd say yes.

8. kaudet

kaudet Well-Known Member

Great. One down! Thanks so much, everyone, for your help.

clutteredcloset49 likes this.
  9. kaudet

kaudet Well-Known Member

10. clutteredcloset49

11. clutteredcloset49

Aquitaine likes this.
  12. kaudet

kaudet Well-Known Member

I was wondering the same thing. For instance Simpson and Iroquois both made china for the Henry Ford Museum. Both the maker's and museum names are on the back. Maybe Hall made this line for the Liberty Hall Museum. What do you think??? The Liberty Hall China pieces I could find had the Liberty Hall name and a bumblebee logo.

13. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

I don't believe your platter is unmarked! Can you take a STRAIGHT ON, BETTER lit and closer image of the back of it again? And please DON'T use Flash!!! I can see the 'ghost' of an imprint there.....that may show up better, under good lighting, sharp focus and closer!! I can sometimes 'bring out' faint images that don't show up well.......

Last edited: Mar 2, 2020
    clutteredcloset49 likes this.
  14. kaudet

kaudet Well-Known Member

15. kaudet

kaudet Well-Known Member

16. clutteredcloset49

I didn't find it on Replacements, but they don't always have all the patterns..
    Did you try to find another example of the Block? The listing may not have been correct.

Draft saved Draft deleted