Featured Large Art Glass Flower

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by ascot, Feb 25, 2018.

1. ascot

ascot Well-Known Member

I'd love boardies opinions on this piece in an upcoming auction. They usually have only furniture, maybe a few home decor accessories, but this time they have some art glass. All the other pieces are ID'd except this one. It certainly resembles Chihuly. What do you think?

I'm posting a link to the auction page as I don't know how to copy and paste the photos into my photo host.

https://www.rhleeauctioneers.com/cgi-bin/mnlist.cgi?rhlee1/382/1

Thanks!

judy, NewEngland and Any Jewelry like this.
  2. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

It is very beautiful and looks like it could be his work. But it doesn't say or show if it is signed or numbered, so I assume it isn't signed. In that case I suppose only Chihuly himself can verify if it came from his workshop.

judy likes this.
  3. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

I love it,but bear in mind Chihuly has been imitated many,many times. I would buy it just because its so beautiful.

judy and cxgirl like this.
  4. NewEngland

NewEngland Well-Known Member

That is a beautiful glass flower - I hope you win it!

5. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

It certainly DOES resemble Chihuly......but something seems a bit off.....HOWEVER, it IS BEAUTIFUL!!!!! If you're comfortable with how the bidding goes, then I'd say go for it!!!!!!

6. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

cxgirl likes this.
  7. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

Aquitaine and Huntingtreasure like this.
  8. ascot

ascot Well-Known Member

Thanks, all. The auction ends tomorrow and is only online so I'm not sure I have time to contact Chihuly. The auction house is reputable and we've bought from them in the past. I think I'll just keep watching and see how the bidding goes. They have some pretty Correia pieces, too. I'm hoping that since they mostly do furniture, their regular buyers won't be too interested in the glass.

judy likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted