Featured large batch .... between 19 and the 20th century

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Gianluca72, Sep 16, 2018.

1. Gianluca72

Gianluca72 Well-Known Member

Hello to everybody,

I bought a large batch of plates, cups, containers, objects, all in ceramic, silver plated, pewter, porcelain, marble, vintage jewelry, small sculptures, objects, curios, etc ... most European, dating between 19 and the 20th century.
    I see dozens of brands, logos, and even many elements without any backstamp.
    Since there is really a lot of material to show you, if you are interested and if you want to help me to identify the manufacturing companies and their dates, I can take pictures, but I do not want to clog the forum with my threads.
    It would be good for you if I open this single thread with a dozen brands, and then possibly continue with a second thread with another 10 brands in a few days?

If you want to go all out to catalog everything with me, I'll be very happy :-D

Before starting, i'd like to know your points of view, thanks

Gianluca

Last edited: Sep 16, 2018
  2. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Hello Gianluca, it is best to post them in the appropriate forums, so you get the ceramics people looking here, the jewellery people looking in the jewellery thread, etc. And if you post several items in one thread, be sure to number them, so everyone knows which item everyone else is talking about.;)

3. Gianluca72

Ok thanks for the advices, I'll start today, see you later

4. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

The best way is the way AnyJewlery suggests. :) Looking forward to seeing your lates purchases! Also, if there are ever items that don’t need identification and you just would like to show them, there’s a thread called Finds. :)

5. Gianluca72

Ok thanks
    I have a question that is the following :many objects are composed of different materials but belong to the same product category for example, old and antique containers and boxes can be of cardboard metal wood onyx and so on and also some small sculptures can be of porcelain of silver plated of ceramic of bronze and so on and also most of the vintage objects presents many types of different materials... So, should I insert the objects according to their category or according to the material of which they are composed?
    I understand that the sections of the forum are divided by material and not by merchandise category, however, if I create a thread of ancient boxes and insert them 10 different by numbering them as a suggestion even if they are made of different material it seems more appropriate to insert them all in the same thread, however, since the forum is divided according to the material, Maybe I should insert different objects but of the same type of material.
    What is the best option?
    Thanks

Last edited: Sep 16, 2018
  6. i need help

I’d suggest whatever material is the majority component should be the category, unless there is a clear use of the item which qualifies it for another forum. Give a descriptive title. :)

7. Any Jewelry

And when you really don't know you can post it in Antiques Discussion.:)

8. i need help

Maybe you would want to delete the tags on this thread, if you can still Edit, since it seems this is squared away. :)

9. Gianluca72

So you mean to say that it's better to post in the same thread similar items belonging to the same category even if they are made with different materials. I understand well ?
    About tags ok You're right, I've provided to cancel them.
    Aufh I didn't expect this, they are so many photos to take, it's a mountain of items and I need to do at least 3-4 photos minimum for every item.
    Step by step I'll post them, while in the meantime I'll continue to take pictures .

judy and i need help like this.
  10. i need help

It’s least confusing to post as few different items per thread, but you can label with numbers, so people can refer to which one, if it’s easier for you to put more than one per thread. Once you post some, people can suggest separate if it seems too confusing. :)

Gianluca72 and judy like this.
  11. Gianluca72

Today I understood my mistake.
    I want to do too many things in a short time and this is not good.
    I counted the objects I would like to present to you and they are 168;
    objects, trays, cups, plates, vases, plates, medals, containers, boxes, jewelry, curiosities, sculptures, clocks, dolls, ivory, silver, jewelry boxes, glass objects, porcelain, antimony, bronze, copper, etc. .
    There is a very high variety of elements too different from each other, for value, interest, size, materials, and try to present them with groups of 10 is wrong, there is no hurry, and having to identify and date an object, if I I would present the objects collectively, the individual and intrinsic interest would decrease.
    Who goes Slow and steady wins. Also there are hundreds of photos to be done at least 4-5 for each object, I can not clog the forum with hundreds of photos :) I have to give space to others and not be heavy with my friends of this forum.
    Therefore, considering the fact that you are helping me in identifying and dating an object, I believe that we will have more fun if I only insert one object at a time, slowly, over time.
    Thank you all, I'll start with the first object as soon :)

Bakersgma, i need help, judy and 2 others like this.
  12. Any Jewelry

Very good idea, Gianluca. You can do two or three objects per thread, but when it gets to be too many everyone loses count, and often interest. So you will get a better id and background story if you post less.:)
    And post in the right forum, for instance medals in Militaria, jewellery in the Jewelry forum (Trans-Atlantic spelling in one sentence;)), etc. Ivory can go in Antique Discussion.
    If you post something in the wrong forum, people can always direct you to the right forum.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2018
  13. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

did you already test all for silver ? :happy:

14. Gianluca72

Not yet I'm still splitting items by category, then I'll test the ones that could be silver :happy:

i need help and Any Jewelry like this.
  15. i need help

6894DCFF-5445-4EBA-B6F2-FC905CDD10FE.jpeg You are being an Antique TEASE! :hilarious:

I’m just jokin’ Gianluca72! Luv your Items!

Gianluca72 and judy like this.
  16. Gianluca72

LOL :joyful::happy::D

17. Gianluca72

Hello friends,

today I will put 5 objects to your attention that I would like to identify and date.
    Let's start with this centerpiece in Electroplated nickel silver
    diameter 28 cm
    height with handle cm 23
    weight g 475

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. Gianluca72

excuse me, i put in in the silver category

19. Gianluca72

My friends, I would like to inform you that tomorrow I will insert some very interesting objects, especially those related to the Orient. Get ready, you'll have fun ;-)

Any Jewelry and i need help like this.
  20. Any Jewelry

You do find ways to keep us entertained.:hilarious:

Gianluca72 and i need help like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted