Large Blown Glass Bowl / Gilded Base with Flowers

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by tolw, Sep 13, 2019.

1. tolw

tolw New Member

We have been looking for this bowl for at least past 10 years, probably more. No marks on the crystal flowers, or the bowl itself, which appears to be blown with a ground and polished pontil.

The crystal flowers are very clear, and almost remind me of something like Hoya, but again, not marked anywhere.

The large blown bowl looks like it could be from almost anywhere they blow quality glass - France, Italy, your guess is as good as mine.

The base that it all sits in is interesting. It appears gold plated, over steel or iron. Not unheard of, as some very expensive lighting & decorative accessory companies do the same thing. There was nothing but black felt on the bottom of the gold base, not even a outline of a tag.

The 11 flowers are thick and very clear glass or crystal, each held on with a brass ball. There are plastic spacers on them to make sure they don't rub the metal - it is well made.

We purchased this out of a home, along with Daum, scarce Erte crystal pieces, other French and Italian art glass, so the original owners had good taste.

I sure hope someone has a clue!

It measures 16"W x about 8-1/2"H in the stand

2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Draft saved Draft deleted