Featured Large Blue Circus Elephant Mexican, Italian?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by gauntlettgems, Apr 25, 2020.

1. gauntlettgems

gauntlettgems Well-Known Member

ACF300B8-43A4-46F9-B637-5E162AA86370_1_201_a.jpeg 7AE040B3-DB96-4DCA-B6D2-D778933398DD_1_201_a.jpeg 5CA98F38-BADC-4DB2-A413-D1439EBDAFAB_1_201_a.jpeg 6B99B327-126C-43A4-B511-BBDFDC9F56FC_1_201_a.jpeg

Hi everyone!

I've had this big guy hanging around for several years now I have yet to be able to identify anything about him Approx 17" long and very heavy (likely 10 pounds or more) I showed a close-up of what almost looks like it could say Italy but it is spaced out too far in spots It's only a guess because you can barely make out what any of it says I swear I see an A and Y He reminds me of Mexican stuff but then again, he does not I am sure he is probably purely decorative and newer but I would love some opinions on what you think he is

I just found one on another website It looks like they said their's is possibly homemade or something to that effect It also says Simson and is another color Could this have been done in a painting class or the like? The only thing with that is the patterns painted on do resemble each other Unless they had something to go by?

Help!! Thank you

PS I think I found my own answer and this is done by Dana Simson

2. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

That is so cute.:)
    I love it when people talk to themselves on the forum.:joyful:

3. gauntlettgems

I know, right? Yay!! Lol

sabre123, judy and Any Jewelry like this.
  4. laura9797

laura9797 Well-Known Member

Super fun piece!!!!

5. flipper

flipper Striving to face adversity with tact and humor

What a sleuth!

gauntlettgems likes this.
  6. gauntlettgems

Draft saved Draft deleted