Featured Large Bob Marley painting signed Curtis

Discussion in 'Art' started by journeymagazine, May 8, 2018.

1. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

I found this big (48" or so) Bob Marley painting at my local thrift store this morning (I was 1st in line today & since 2 people asked me if I wanted to sell it before I left the store I probably would not have gotten it if I had been any further back in line!)
    I think the face was done very well & looks like him, but I'm wondering why the audience's faces are blurred? Because that's how the audience look from the stage in a concert? (It seems the artist would have made more than 3 people in the painting though, right?)
    Maybe it's a jury?
    Does anyone recognize the artist / artist's name Curtis?
    Thank you, as always!
    AA EBAY NEW A ART PAINTING BOB MARLEY 1AA.jpg AA EBAY NEW A ART PAINTING BOB MARLEY 2AA.jpg AA EBAY NEW A ART PAINTING BOB MARLEY 3AA.jpg AA EBAY NEW A ART PAINTING BOB MARLEY 4AA.jpg

2. rink28

rink28 Well-Known Member

Looks amateurish to me. Still cool but probably someone who painted in their free time or college student work

Christmasjoy, judy and Any Jewelry like this.
  3. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

It could be a jury of his peers...
    That's Preator..
    A bug Alien...
    & janice Joplin...

4. charlie cheswick

charlie cheswick Well-Known Member

very effeminate looking bob, almost sultry

5. Mark London

Mark London Well-Known Member

You should have sold it then and there. It is not by anyone of note and you would not have had to worry about listing fees or packing, etc.

Christmasjoy, komokwa and aaroncab like this.
  6. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Sunday painter for certain, but I like the colors. I agree that shipping a canvas that size is a real bear.

7. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

This one Ill sell at my yard/estate sale - it will draw some eyes on a easel outside next to sign

pearlsnblume likes this.
  8. evelyb30

It would at that. The colors will do the trick if nothing else, doubly so if you have a bunch of reggae fans in the area.

9. Mugzinnys

Mugzinnys Well-Known Member

One Love

pearlsnblume likes this.
  10. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Who da cap fit..........

11. evelyb30

Hasn't been growing his dreds for long...

12. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

Maybe the figures in the background represent the I Three, Marley's backup vocalists? The I Three consisted of Bob Marley's wife Rita Marley, Judy Mowatt, and Marcia Griffiths. They began supporting Marley in 1974. Just a wild guess, LOL.

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted