Large collar thing with lace trim. Vintage? How was it used?

Discussion in 'Textiles, Needle Arts, Clothing' started by Mill Cove Treasures, Apr 26, 2017.

1. Mill Cove Treasures

Mill Cove Treasures Well-Known Member

Each side is 31" long and approximately 4 3/4" wide. I have seen long collars on dresses in Victorian photographs but I don't think this material is that old. It does have machine stitching. Vintage or antique? For a dress? Thank you.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. silverthwaite II

silverthwaite II Well-Known Member

Yes, for a dress. And the seams after the V were at the top of the shoulder, the rest circled the neckline of the dress until they hit a row of buttons down the back -- or more likely, a zipper.

Circa late 30's, early to later (depending upon the generation of the lady), 1940's.

:)

Christmasjoy and judy like this.
  3. Mill Cove Treasures

Thank you. :happy: I'm off to see if I can find a photograph of something similar.

4. Mill Cove Treasures

Christmasjoy and cxgirl like this.
  5. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

that's a pretty plunging neck line.........:hilarious:

Mill Cove Treasures likes this.
  6. Mill Cove Treasures

I have not found anything like this on a dress from th 20's through the 40's. Do you have an example?
    Thank you.

7. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

It looks like someone had the antique lace part and stitched it onto a more modern piece of fabric.

8. Mill Cove Treasures

Christmasjoy likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted