Featured large crystal vases

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Barn Owl, Nov 25, 2017.

1. Barn Owl

Barn Owl Well-Known Member

Can you help me identify the pattern and maker of these vases? They're heavy cut crystal. No maker's marks. 20171125_124543.jpg 20171125_124546.jpg

judy, Christmasjoy and cxgirl like this.
  2. Cherryhill

Cherryhill Well-Known Member

These works are imported from the Near East, perhaps, Turkey, in the past 20 years. They are pressed glass, with a bit of gray cutting (the fine cut triangles around the hob stars). This cutting allows them to be imported as Cut Glass to the US at a reduced duty rate, compared to pressed glass. Only the gray, unpolished, design is cut.

Sorry if this is less than you were expecting. Many of us have had to find out the hard way.

Ken D, Bronwen, judy and 4 others like this.
  3. Barn Owl

A bit disappointing, but not terribly. They were 18 dollars each. I know this is a learning experience, I just wish it wasn't so painful on my wallet, heh.

Thank you for your help.

judy and Christmasjoy like this.
  4. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

it gets better...find a real cut glass vase & hold it in your hand.....you'll feel all the sharp edges....almost so rough....it's a little uncomfortable to grab...

Ken D, kyratango, janettekay and 3 others like this.
  5. Barn Owl

Haha this keeps happening to me. I find something I think is good, and instead it turns out to be something else entirely.

judy likes this.
  6. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

We've all done that......more than once......do not phret .....:happy::happy:

My 1st silver cigarette case.....is my worst silver case......
    My 1st silver bracelet.....still stands the test of time !!!!

Move forward Sir.....!!! ;):cool::cool:

Barn Owl and kyratango like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted