Large Green Glass Bottle

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by kardinalisimo, Jun 9, 2017.

1. kardinalisimo

kardinalisimo Well-Known Member

IMG_5106.JPG IMG_5107.JPG IMG_5108.JPG IMG_5109.JPG I'm thinking decorative and on the recent side?

2. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Whenever I see that glass with all the inclusions I immediately think Mexican. Its got a little wear on the bottom,so I dont think yesterday new,but probably in the last 30 years. It is pretty. :)

3. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

I'm thinking something similar. No great age, but it looks nice. Needs a bouquet of flowers.

4. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Maybe it held wine at some point?
    Don

5. silverthwaite II

silverthwaite II Well-Known Member

My grandparents had six or seven wine bottles of that color. They were huge! Gallons and gallons!

6. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

You'll often find bottles of this color referred to as black glass (even when green). The really big bottles are sometimes called demijohns or carboys.

clutteredcloset49 likes this.
  7. kardinalisimo

kardinalisimo Well-Known Member

Actually, the glass is pretty clear with no inclusions. Must be the pictures. IMG_5173.JPG

8. Dawn mohrbavher

Dawn mohrbavher Active Member

I have a store full of antique wine bottles...I have free blown, leather moulds and wooden moulds and none have a top that thick. I think it's a reproduction piece, especially when you say there are not inclusions. Three quarters of the charm are the inclusions in the glass when they're actually antique.

Draft saved Draft deleted