Large Landscape Watercolor Signature Help

Discussion in 'Art' started by Lithographer, Oct 10, 2022.

1. Lithographer

Lithographer Well-Known Member

I picked this up at an estate sale last week on 50% off day, I paid $15. I would like some help with the signature, it looks like the first name might be Joy? I talked to the guy running the sale and he said the homeowners children ran the frame shop that is on the back of the picture. It is possible that the artist might be from Utah, though pretty much everything in the house was framed at the same shop. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    IMG_2071.JPG IMG_2072.JPG IMG_2073.JPG IMG_2074.JPG IMG_2076.JPG IMG_2077.JPG

Attached Files:

kyratango likes this.
  2. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

The last name of the signature looks like Fuhriman. Maybe Jerry? He is/was a landscape artist.

Debora

Screen Shot 2022-10-10 at 12.52.45 PM.png

3. Lithographer

Yep, I think it is Jerry. I was able to find a Gallery with some other paintings.

Figtree3 likes this.
  4. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Well, that was easy, wasn't it?

Debora

kyratango, Roaring20s and komokwa like this.
  5. Lithographer

Yeah, it’s kinda nice for a change. I guessed wrong on the first name and was searching to a dead end. Extra sets of eyes always helps.

kyratango likes this.
  6. tie.dye.cat

tie.dye.cat Well-Known Member

@Lithographer, totally off topic, but is that an Aminita Muscaria in your profile pic?

My daughter recently took up the hobby of mushroom hunting, and I'm enjoying going out looking for them with her. She knows so many of them; my recognition skills are nowhere near as good as hers, but I'm learning!

7. Lithographer

As I recall, it was a Gemmed Amanita. I am a hunter too, only for the purpose of taking pictures. I do grow my own to eat.

tie.dye.cat likes this.
  8. tie.dye.cat

tie.dye.cat Well-Known Member

Yeah, we mostly go hunting just to find ones we haven't seen before. Did you take that picture in your profile? It's beautiful.

We did actually eat some that we picked last week, Entoloma abortivum, but that won't be a regular occurrence for us as I'm the only one that likes mushrooms.

9. Lithographer

Yes, I took the picture. Last summer we had lots of rain and I had about a dozen different types come up in our yard. Only 3 or 4 this year.

tie.dye.cat and Figtree3 like this.
  10. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

The painting is very nice! Glad it was so easy to ID the artist.

Draft saved Draft deleted