Featured Large Limoges Porcelain trinket box - need some translation help please.

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by bercrystal, Jul 16, 2019.

1. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

I have deciphered most of what is written on the bottom of this piece, but I can't figure out the words just before Paris France.

So far I got drawn & painted entirely by hand by ---- Paris France.

I am assuming it is possibly the artists name, but I can't figure it out.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Thanks for any & all advice or opinions!! :happy::happy::happy:

2. i need help

i need help Well-Known Member

3. bercrystal

Thank you so much INH!!!! :kiss::kiss:

I would have never guessed that the first letter of that word was a "T". :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Christmasjoy, SBSVC and i need help like this.
  4. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

5. i need help

i need help Well-Known Member

You’re Welcome, :)

Christmasjoy likes this.
  6. bercrystal

I just wanted to make sure that the letter for dating this box is an L & that would correspond to the year 1946.

7. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

That would be the way I would interpret it. I have always been fond of Le Tallec boxes. As it becomes less and less common to find hand painted porcelain items Le Tallec keeps chugging along. I have some scattered around here somewhere. I have a room where I intend to display my French porcelain collection but I never seem to get around to getting it organized. And now that the ceiling has fallen in (literally) it may take me even longer to get anything done.

Unless I am missing it, I don't see the Limoges mark. Regardless they do not tend to hold the same appeal to most Limoges box collectors as the boxes actually made and decorated in a Limoges studio. They do have appeal to an aspirational market as boxes with a Tiffany or Bonwit Teller connection seem to get higher prices. These are also one of the few items you can list on eBay that can still generate multiple bids. It's a lovely box.
    Don

8. bercrystal

Thanks for the confirmation Don! :kiss::kiss:

There is no Limoges mark on it as far as I can see.

I feel for you on you plans for your French porcelain room. I have the same problem with my perfume bottles. :bag::bag:

Although they are all in cabinets, I need to rearrange the bottles on some of the shelves so that they display better. I also got a huge brass & glass table top display recently that is going to be perfect for my Czech filigree bottles, but I just can't seem to get around to moving them from the multiple small ones. :(:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Houseful likes this.
  9. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

It sounds lovely! I have a very small collection (about a half-dozen) French bottles and one tiny filigree and rhinestone Czech bottle.
    Don

bercrystal likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted