Large porcelain handled divided dish ??Beehive mark??

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by bercrystal, Aug 12, 2014.

1. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

I picked this up at auction this past Friday. I could see the mark but it is so faint I didn't notice it only had a single line through the center. There is also an impressed mark on the one side but I can only make out the 3. The design appears to be hand-painted, but it is so-so quality. I don't have but a few dollars invested so it would be no great loss but what do you think?

It is 12 1/4" by 11" & is 1 3/4" to the side edge.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Thanks for any & all advice or opinions!!! :kiss:

2. afantiques

afantiques Well-Known Member

This post was rubbish. Time for bed before I post another idiotic statement

Last edited: Aug 12, 2014
  3. bercrystal

af - I always thought reticulated was that open work design around the sides. This piece is solid & might be a little large for a bon-bon.

4. afantiques

afantiques Well-Known Member

Of course it is,I take back everything I said, I'm past my bedtime and the Chloral Hydrate is kicking in. :)

spirit-of-shiloh likes this.
  5. kentworld

kentworld Well-Known Member

I don't see Af's rubbish post, but the dish is likely Japanese -- the shield mark (beehive) mark was/is copied/faked by many. Not Austrian.

6. bercrystal

This post was rubbish. Time for bed before I post another idiotic statement

:hilarious:

Hope you slept well af!!! :kiss:

Thanks Wendy!! I had a feeling that is was a fake. Oh well maybe I can make my money back at the consignment shop. :p

7. spirit-of-shiloh

spirit-of-shiloh Well-Known Member

Divided handled nappy.

8. kentworld

Not a fake -- it is using a mark that is not copyrighted (like the capodimonte N and coronet) which is legal.

9. bercrystal

Not a fake -- it is using a mark that is not copyrighted (like the capodimonte N and coronet) which is legal.

I guess that wasn't a good choice of words. I meant it wasn't what I suspected it might be & would not likely sell on ebay.

10. kentworld

Well, it might sell on ebay, but not for a lot, I suspect. It is a large size and may be something someone would like because of it's size.

Draft saved Draft deleted