Featured Large Royal Haeger Planter Jardiniere

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by cxgirl, Mar 10, 2015.

1. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

Hi,
    I picked up this large planter by Royal Haeger, 19" in height - would this be a jardiniere? The mark has the copyright symbol - any ideas on age of this piece.

thanks for looking DSC02506.jpg DSC02507.jpg DSC02501.jpg DSC02503.jpg

2. mymysharona43

mymysharona43 Well-Known Member

I don't know but that is a nice looking pot

3. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

Thanks sharona! It is hard to photograph though, very reflective.

KingofThings likes this.
  4. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Hi cxgirl - I checked through my Haeger book but couldn't find any examples like this. According to my marks book Royal Haeger started around 1939 and was used on and off over the years. I did find one vase on liveauctioneers very similar that sold for $25. It was 11 3/4" tall. Unfortunately, the didn't list a time-frame. If I had to guess (and it is a guess) I'd say late 1970's through 1980's. It's usually not the shape I think of when I think of jardiniere. More like a large planter or even a floor planter, I think. Sorry I can't be of more help. Don

cxgirl likes this.
  5. *crs*

*crs* Hippy Dippy Antiquer

spirit-of-shiloh and cxgirl like this.
  6. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

Thanks Don and crs!
    Don you have been a great help! I thought with the 'C' copyright mark it would be a later piece too but couldn't find any info on line about it. I appreciate your looking in your book, I don't have any on Royal Haeger.
    crs I just asked to join the group, will post if they have information on this.

*crs* likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted