Large stoneware platter, Asian mark?

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Carolkp, Mar 15, 2015.

1. Carolkp

Carolkp New Member

This is my other mystery item:stoneware charger on raised unglazed foot, 12 1/2" dia, foot 3/8" h; 5 rows of cobalt stripes with bleeding; yellow clay, white ground, green brush stoke around rim; wt 3 ls 13 oz. Asian, mark?poss. Shuzan mk ?

Thanks,
    Carol 3885 Asian Pottery dish  stripe glaze 2.jpg 3885 Asian Pottery dish  stripe glaze mark.jpg 3885 Asian Pottery dish  stripe glaze mk.jpg 3885 Asian Pottery dish  stripe glaze mk2.jpg 3885 Asian Pottery dish  stripe glaze new.jpg 3885Asian Pottery dish  stripe glaze back 2.jpg 3885Asian Pottery dish  stripe glaze foot rim 2.jpg

KingofThings likes this.
  2. Mill Cove Treasures

Mill Cove Treasures Well-Known Member

Sorry, I can't help. If that piece didn't have the Asian mark, I would have guessed Upsala or Fat Lava.

3. Carolkp

Carolkp New Member

Millcove: Thanks for your thoughts. I will give another look through Gotheborg for the mark. In the meantime, I just sent the pictures to a Korean pottery expert as this was purchased from the estate of a Korean pottery collector. I didn't mention the Korean part because I know next to nothing about the subject. Carol

4. tie.dye.cat

tie.dye.cat Well-Known Member

Carolkp, here's another site you can check out. You have to kind of wade through the entries as it's a blog, but they have lots of pottery marks.

http://modernjapanesepotterymarks.blogspot.com/

You have to click on Blog Archives (right side, you have to scroll down a bit to get to it) to get to more posts.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2015
  5. Carolkp

Carolkp New Member

cxgirl and tie.dye.cat like this.
  6. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing the link Carolkp! Hope you find an id for your piece.

7. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

I've got nothing to contribute, just want to say I really like it!

Draft saved Draft deleted