Featured Large vase painted with Iris flowers & signed “George”. Anyone recognize my George by George?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by J Dagger, Oct 11, 2020.

1. J Dagger

J Dagger Well-Known Member

EA6D3A65-2D0A-4DB1-B709-B1B9BD19F70F.jpeg 7CA301D7-607E-4CF3-929E-5A41F1533A17.jpeg 086C9101-0E4D-46BF-877E-116CACB144D1.jpeg BCD4D47C-EF6C-42FC-A0F5-96DED00779D7.jpeg C282B129-B24D-4513-9B14-CE095B473426.jpeg 55B90A82-E42A-4242-BB1C-ECF49B0844D2.jpeg Can’t imagine anyone recognizes the work or the signature? For some reason I really love the look of this one. I have a feeling it’s pretty modern based on just about everything the household owned. A few mid century items were the oldest things I saw. Worth a shot...

Firemandk, i need help, Rec and 2 others like this.
  2. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    OMG!!!! I think I made that vase in 1972, I called it "The Marsha Iris". I made a set of china for a friend and made two vases to go with the china. It was a wedding present. Where are you located????
    greg

Last edited: Oct 11, 2020
    Rec, judy, John Brassey and 4 others like this.
  3. J Dagger

Started a “conversation” with you. I think that’s a version of a private message on this site. It’s been a while since I used that option. I believe you should see it though.

Edit: That would be insane!

judy and Bronwen like this.
  4. gregsglass

Hi,
    I am so proud that you think of it as being artistic.
    greg

Rec, Bakersgma, judy and 3 others like this.
  5. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

Easily worth billions.

Rec, judy, J Dagger and 2 others like this.
  6. sassafras

sassafras Well-Known Member

You've got some serious talent!

Bronwen, Rec, judy and 1 other person like this.
  7. wiscbirddog

wiscbirddog Well-Known Member

When you two guys get this all sorted out PLEASE come back & tell us the result!

popsycat, Bronwen, Rec and 6 others like this.
  8. gregsglass

Hi,
    I have informed Mr Dagger that I feel he should keep the vase. It was such a jolt to see it. Perhaps he might find some more pieces of the set.
    greg

judy, J Dagger, Bronwen and 4 others like this.
  9. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

That's a heck of a coincidence.

Debora

10. wiscbirddog

Small world, eh? Can't imagine how you felt when those pictures popped open in front of you. :joyful:

'Tis a lovely vase greg.

judy, J Dagger, Bronwen and 1 other person like this.
  11. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

The world is certainly not as large as what we think it is. ;):happy::happy::happy:

J Dagger and Bronwen like this.
  12. Bookahtoo

Bookahtoo Moderator Moderator

That's a really beautiful vase Greg.

judy, J Dagger and Bronwen like this.
  13. J Dagger

If you ever change your mind just let me know. In the meantime I’ll surely enjoy it! I liked it before and having this crazy coincidence attached to it just adds to its appeal.

bercrystal and judy like this.
  14. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

15. J Dagger

i need help and judy like this.
  16. gregsglass

Hi INH,
    The ones that I have done are usually darker. The names are slightly off but the "haze" back then it is possible. I sold over 100 vases back then.
    greg

i need help likes this.
  17. wiscbirddog

What about this one Greg?

1.jpg 2.jpg

J Dagger and i need help like this.
  18. gregsglass

Hi,
    That one is definitely NOT one of mine. See how the bottoms of the g's are not straight down but curled. Plus I never remember doing such a small mouth. The only Oriental" ones were drinking glasses done with a brown glaze.
    greg

J Dagger, i need help and wiscbirddog like this.
  19. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

@gregsglass - Does anyone else think that his life is like an onion? Every time we think we have figured him out we learn of a "new layer" & the mystery continues. :kiss::happy::happy: :playful::playful::playful:

Any Jewelry, J Dagger and i need help like this.
  20. gregsglass

Hi Peggy,
    I have had a varied life since I was not afraid to try stuff. However I NEVER ever want to heard about stuff that I have failed at. Most of the people who knew me then have passed on.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    greg

J Dagger and bercrystal like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted