Featured Latest sale finds!

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by coreya, Nov 10, 2019.

1. coreya

coreya Well-Known Member

This last weekend sales started off very slow, all garbage with a lot of the forever yard sale / estate sale people. The Hugh miles long yard sale in Crystal River was a bust, just a bunch of dealers trying to unload the stuff they couldn't sell on ebay. But we persevered and at just about the last sale on Saturday came across this bunch. The person selling had several cases of jewelry which she said was all costume and had been looked at by her Father-in-law. After about 30 min this is what I came away with. All was 14 k except the ring, USN pin and a piece of a bracelet which is silver.(bottom left of picture) Total about 30+ grams of 14k.
    Question on the ring? mark is 1000 tests as silver stone some type of crystal? Any ideas? I have never seen jewelry marked 1000.
    101_1882-1.jpg 101_1883-1.jpg 101_1884-1.jpg 101_1887-1.jpg 101_1888-1.jpg Sun Nov 10 09-05-20.jpg

BMRT, komokwa, anundverkaufen and 8 others like this.
  2. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

1000 mark for silver is sometimes Japanese.

3. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Indians occasionally use 1000 silver as well.

The father in law is a builder? Firefighter? He clearly knows nothing about jewellery. Lucky you.:)

James Conrad and anundverkaufen like this.
  4. coreya

coreya Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info, I always check stuff for myself no mater what the seller tells me! I've had people tell me that a jeweler told them that nothing was there and still found 585 & 750 marked stuff!:cigar::cigar::cigar:

5. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Then you find the stuff they swear is gold and it's also marked 1/20 :eek::eek::eek: Don't take anyone's word for what the marks say. This time however, TOUCHDOWN!

Any Jewelry and James Conrad like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted