latest silver bangle bracelet.

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by Nick72, Feb 8, 2020.

1. Nick72

Nick72 Well-Known Member

Picked this one up last week, it was fine for 30$CA or 20 euros, she weighs about 30.7 grams, 2.5" outer Diameter and 1" wide.
    Was stiring in the direction of India Fabrication, has similarities with this one on etsy below.

https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/547...MI_f3d7s3C5wIVCaGzCh1P-Q8oEAQYBiABEgIQq_D_BwE

But also found this Canadian made Bracelet ( Forstner) that shares a ressemblance also.

https://www.etsy.com/sg-en/listing/684029981/forstner-sterling-silver-hinge-bracelet

On one of the Pictures there is a Makers mark, never seen it before, that could solve the provenance issue if someone would know this makers Mark...it is hard for me to make out with the loupe, looks like some bird standing on a rock,could be something else but hard to see..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 8, 2020
    KSW and Christmasjoy like this.
  2. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Nick, it would be helpful if you re-photographed your bracelet on a plain background. It's extremely difficult to see details what with busy pattern and its reflection.

Debora

3. Nick72

Nick72 Well-Known Member

Here you go....sorry should of thought about that ;)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Bronwen, KSW, komokwa and 2 others like this.
  4. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

Can you give a close up of the mark, please?

Bronwen, KSW and Christmasjoy like this.
  5. Nick72

Nick72 Well-Known Member

Hello I need Help. Third picture on the first post with the sous-dish. Blow that up...it was a good as i could zoom an snap the Mark.

Bronwen and KSW like this.
  6. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

This is a fairly recently made thing, so I'm no help regardless. Pretty though.

Bronwen, Nick72, KSW and 1 other person like this.
  7. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

These chased silver bangles were a big thing in the 70s in the UK.

Bronwen, KSW and Christmasjoy like this.
  8. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

7FE5105E-4648-4F6F-B783-9D353953D290.jpeg Not sure which way it goes.

Bronwen and KSW like this.
  9. Hollyblue

Hollyblue Well-Known Member

It is engraved,not chased.

Bronwen and Nick72 like this.
  10. Nick72

Nick72 Well-Known Member

Yeah...seriously can't make it out myself, donèt make sense whichever way i look at it.

Bronwen likes this.
  11. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

Not made in India. Like OBB, I remember these as popular from the mid-60s until...? Always a classic. I see no dents. These get dinged easily. Yours looks ding-free?

Nick72 likes this.
  12. Nick72

Nick72 Well-Known Member

Good day Bronwen.

Unfortunately it has a Small ding on the non- engraved side ( picture # 3), not very deep though.

Bronwen likes this.
  13. taipan2

taipan2 Member

I agree with Debora. Plain background. White side of 3x5 cards just out of camera range will also open up dark areas.

Bronwen likes this.
  14. Lark

Lark Well-Known Member

[​IMG]I am not sure but this might be what you see I dont see the lower jaw on yours. I was looking for a native american mark on a piece of jewelry for my self so when i saw yours I thought I recognized it. To hard to tell with your picture. Check out Native american hallmarks https://www.art-amerindien.com/signature_bijoux_amerindiens.htm#b

Firemandk, Fid, Bronwen and 1 other person like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted