Lead Crystal Vase - Does Anyone Recognize It?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by dgbjwc, Jun 13, 2018.

1. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Hello Board Buddies - Does anyone know who made this cut crystal vase? It's about 6" tall. Rings like lead crystal. Kind of classic in style with laurel leave cuttings on the top and bottom and notches in the center. I've been over every inch and can't find any indication of a signature. Could pass for Waterford but the cuts aren't quite as sharp. If anyone has info they can share it would be much appreciated. Thank you very much.
    Don

IMG_20180613_171638894.jpg IMG_20180613_171704592.jpg IMG_20180613_171808203.jpg IMG_20180613_171717598.jpg IMG_20180613_171725420.jpg

2. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

Wonder if it's not a bedside water carafe, missing the glass that covered the mouth when not in use for drinking.

silverthwait likes this.
  3. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

I think you may be right. A very plain tumbler was also in the same lot. I tried it on the top but it didn't seem to sit in a very stable manner so I wasn't sure it belonged.
    Don

4. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

Think the original glass would match the carafe, but sounds as though someone continued to use it by the bedside after the glass broke.

dgbjwc likes this.
  5. Cherryhill

Cherryhill Well-Known Member

I don't think that's a water carafe, it's a basic vase shape, carafes generally have a narrow neck. This looks like one of the vases from Eastern Europe about 1980. Yes, it's cut Lead Glass. Heavy.

George Nesmith and dgbjwc like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted