Leroy Neiman Hand Signed (w/Sharpie?) Serigraph - Is Signature Real?

Discussion in 'Art' started by journeymagazine, Jun 15, 2020.

1. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

I went by the thrift store today & as promised the manager sold me this Leroy Neiman for $100 (it had been marked $349.
    The art itself measures 27" x 23" but with the frame it measures 42.5" x 38"
    Does the signature look real? (it is more faded but I changed the contrast a little until it stood out more) - I feel better seeing where it was framed; Kane Concourse is like the Rodeo Drive of Miami Beach.
    Also, I think I only have to remove the black tape from around the back of the frame & I can separate the 2 pieces of glass and remove it - would it look better with just the green matting?
    Thank you for any help!

ART PRINT LEROY NEIMAN GARDEN DINING 1AA.JPG ART PRINT LEROY NEIMAN GARDEN DINING 2AA.JPG ART PRINT LEROY NEIMAN GARDEN DINING 3AA.JPG ART PRINT LEROY NEIMAN GARDEN DINING 3AAA.JPG ART PRINT LEROY NEIMAN GARDEN DINING 4AA.JPG ART PRINT LEROY NEIMAN GARDEN DINING 5AA.JPG

pearlsnblume likes this.
  2. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

3. journeymagazine

Thanks Debora!
    Think it would look better out of the 'floating' frame?

pearlsnblume likes this.
  4. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

I very much like the floating frame but I do notice, when comparing the two prints, yours has overall sun fading, not just the signature.

Debora

pearlsnblume likes this.
  5. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

Tavern on the Green, ate there a few times back in the day.

6. rink28

rink28 Well-Known Member

I'm afraid that fading destroyed the value unfortunately. Somebody had that in direct sunlight without UV glass.

Debora likes this.
  7. journeymagazine

Doesn't look faded

8. rink28

rink28 Well-Known Member

Look at yours compared to the one that debora posted.

Draft saved Draft deleted