Liancourts Travels

Discussion in 'Books' started by Grampa Tim, Dec 20, 2018.

1. Grampa Tim

Grampa Tim New Member

Hi all, just joined to see if anyone knows anything about this old book I have called Liancourts Travels. I was curious as to how rare it is or what it might be worth ? Thanks Tim.

2. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

You don't provide enough information to enable us to help you. What is the full title? Author's name? Name of publisher? Year of publication? Photographs of the cover, title page and copyright page would also be helpful. In the meantime, here is a list of books whose titles include the words "Liancourts" and "Travels" from an used book on-line sales site. You can take a look to see if your book or a similar volume is there. (Do keep in mind that these are unsold books so pricing is directional only. And, with collectible books condition matters.)

https://www.abebooks.com/servlet/Se...17&tn=Liancourts+Travels&cm_sp=pan-_-srp-_-hc

Debora

Last edited: Dec 20, 2018
    Jivvy, Christmasjoy, komokwa and 2 others like this.
  3. Grampa Tim

Grampa Tim New Member

I'm at work right now so I can't look up the exact title, publisher etc. but I remember the book as being titled Liancourts Travels and is dated 1797. I'll get the rest of the info tonight. Thanks for responding !

Christmasjoy and komokwa like this.
  4. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

5. Grampa Tim

Grampa Tim New Member

here's some pictures IMG_7637.JPG IMG_7642.JPG IMG_7639.JPG IMG_7638.JPG

6. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

2manybooks, Jivvy, Figtree3 and 2 others like this.
  7. Grampa Tim

Grampa Tim New Member

Thanks ! very interesting !

8. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

JMHO.
    I'd keep it as a good read.
    the original was not in English and published in 6 tomes.

Draft saved Draft deleted