Lidded Glass Jar

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by kardinalisimo, Nov 10, 2019.

1. kardinalisimo

kardinalisimo Well-Known Member

5796F295-652B-4FB4-BAFB-C3D7D2B81AD6.jpeg Any suggestions on the maker?
    Thanks

2. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

Viking Glass # 6706 Candy Box & Cover 7". The color looks like Persimmon (orange).

3. kardinalisimo

kardinalisimo Well-Known Member

Thanks. Found only few other online, different colors.
    Is it a rare piece?

judy and i need help like this.
  4. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

I don't know if it's rare or not. The Viking Art Glass site calls it the "Flying Saucer" candy. If you go to his site, you can get complete information regarding just one piece for a mere $1. Don't have to join for a year. I've done that myself and the information is very comprehensive. Shows all the colors, years made, and book value.

http://www.vikingartglass.com/simplesearch.php At this link, they show 2, one blue and one green.

5. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

Searching under "Flying Saucer" candy turned up a few more, mostly on Pinterest (and I'm not a member there). I also found a single one on WorthPoint. Described as Avocado Green, great condition, sold for $72 in December 2016.

6. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

There is a Viking Glass Collectors group on Facebook. They may be able to provide more info. With Viking, color usually is a factor in determining value.
    Don

Draft saved Draft deleted