Life after stroke.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Laurence Roman, Nov 22, 2019.

1. I had a double whammy: the operation intended to have fixed a subarachnoid brain haemorrhage went wrong and damaged my cerebellum, leaving me with a stroke. Left hand paralysis means I can no longer continue in my previous career as a Music Lecturer. Fortunately I am a passionate (some might say addictive) collector of prints and multiples. My disability focused my attention even more totally on this passion. I'm always delighted to celebrate junk-shop discoveries and equally amenable to commiserating with the occasional unavoidable turkey-purchase (if we're honest, we've all made a few of those at some point). I'm certainly no expert, but my interests focus predominantly on 20th/21st Century Anglo-American and European print-making. I'm very happy to offer opinions if asked. Here's wishing all you fellow-magpies out there every success and happiness in your hunting and have a terrific Christmas (I know, it's already nearly here again!) x

Last edited: Nov 22, 2019
  2. Savannah 1954

Savannah 1954 Active Member

Welcome Laurence,

I am also new to this forum. I have found people here to be good natured and knowledgeable. I have enjoyed the past few days learning from the people like yourself who have passion for antiquities.

I am sorry about your health troubles but commend you for your ability to adapt. I can’t wait to hear what you have to offer and show us about prints.

Aquitaine, kyratango, blooey and 4 others like this.
  3. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum, Laurence.
    And welcome to our very diverse brain damage club (bdc :pompous:), we are a jolly lot.:playful: Glad you found the strength to turn to your passion when lecturing was unfortunately no longer an option. Passions and enjoying beauty are important for anyone's well-being.

Aquitaine, kyratango, blooey and 5 others like this.
  4. What heartwarming responses. Many thanks indeed, Laurence.

5. Christmasjoy

Christmasjoy Well-Known Member

WELCOME Laurence !!! ... Joy. :):):)

6. Tom Mackay

Tom Mackay Well-Known Member

Welcome ! It's an adventure here.

7. judy

judy Well-Known Member

Hi Laurence!

Welcome to Antiquers............:cat:

Aquitaine, kyratango, blooey and 3 others like this.
  8. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

Welcome to the Forum, Laurence! :)

Glad you have Found the Forum!

9. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

Welcome Laurence. I am part of the brain damaged lot (bdc) that AJ spoke of. It sounds like you'll be a real asset here, as we have a lot of prints come up for review.

10. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Welcome, Lawrence! I've already read several of your contributions and you are clearly a terrific addition to the forum!

11. I greatly appreciate the warmth of the welcomes I am receiving. Thank you all so much. I look forward to being able to contribute to the forum in however modest a manner.

12. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Welcome Laurence and welcome Savanna.

This place is a super fun, always open for business, and so interesting to see what people come up with. A great group of folks.

You both fit in perfectly!

13. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Welcome, Laurence! Delighted you've joined us. (And we can certainly make use of your expertise in the area of prints too.)

Debora

14. hamptonauction

hamptonauction Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Forum, Laurence! :)

i need help likes this.
  15. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

16. blooey

blooey Well-Known Member

As it's near Xmas, "Hi-de-Hi" and welcome a-Board!!

i need help and Christmasjoy like this.
  17. all_fakes

all_fakes Well-Known Member

18. Houseful

Houseful Well-Known Member

19. kyratango

kyratango Bug jewellery addiction!

Welcome Laurence! I’m sure your passion helps you to handle your disability:)
    We are glad you joined us:joyful:

20. Nick Georgia

Nick Georgia Well-Known Member

Hello
    Wish you rapid recovery

Draft saved Draft deleted