Featured Limoges Dinner Plate

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by JP Canada, May 11, 2021.

1. JP Canada

JP Canada Member

6A61BD48-95A5-49E7-82A3-34AEE66CA33A.jpeg A471E329-6530-4C53-BC34-504DC1AF9350.jpeg Help please identifying the pattern/year/value of this beautiful yellow and gold Limoges.

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2021
    LauraGarnet02, judy and lovewrens like this.
  2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

upload_2021-5-12_0-29-36.jpeg upload_2021-5-12_0-29-46.jpeg

before you hit post.......click on FULL IMAGE......so we can see what's up !
    :playful::playful::playful:;);)

judy likes this.
  3. JP Canada

JP Canada Member

Ohhhh! Thanks - I’m a first time poster here! How exactly do I post the full image? I’m finding I have to post smaller file sizes because the actual size it too big

komokwa likes this.
  4. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

5. JP Canada

JP Canada Member

THANK YOU!!!

komokwa likes this.
  6. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

7. JP Canada

JP Canada Member

@i need help do you recognize this mark. I can’t be sure but I think the very last word is “Regina”. I live in Saskatchewan and it is a city very close by. Would that make sense?

8. i need help

Sorry, I couldn’t really speculate. Maybe @John Brassey has an idea?

9. JP Canada

JP Canada Member

@John Brassey I really hope you can help on this one. I cannot find anything similar on eBay and I have searched and searched!

10. wiscbirddog

wiscbirddog Well-Known Member

JP, if you can figure out the cursive writing, you'll probably have the name of the retailer in Regina it was made for.

What I see is: Gold Pattern Van Der. . . Regina (maybe)

Here is a photo taken off an eBay listing to show you why I think it is the key to your marking:

1.jpg

11. JP Canada

JP Canada Member

@wiscbirddog thank you!!!!! If I understand correctly then the plate was made specifically for someone in Regina? So where the example you show says “made for Wright Tyndale” - 8 have to find out what name this was made for in Regina? Do you have any indication of the year this might have been made?

12. JP Canada

JP Canada Member

@i need help I would like to be able to ask another question about this plate to the larger group is there a way to do that? I have been thinking about @wiscbirddog and his suggestion to look into the pattern and name. It would be odd that this piece was commissioned in Regina, Saskatchewan. But, my grandparents best friends were from a Holland and lived by Gouda - where the Regina Pottery factory was established! I got hung up on the “Van Der” once it was spelled out because that is classic Dutch surnames. My grandparents friends were the Van Der Loos - which is obviously not what it pictured. Did the Regina Pottery company ever produce for Limoges?

13. i need help

Maybe it’s Vandermade, Edith?

14. JP Canada

JP Canada Member

YES!!!!! She lived at Regina Beach!! Please connect the dots for me - does this mean it was made/designed at her request, or she painted it?

15. wiscbirddog

wiscbirddog Well-Known Member

i need help likes this.
  16. i need help

im sorry, I was lucky enough to figure the the name. I’m really not porcelain knowledgeable. Someone should come along who knows more about it than I. :)

17. i need help

I’ll have a look to see if I can find out about her.

18. i need help

Last edited: May 14, 2021
    wiscbirddog likes this.
  19. JP Canada

JP Canada Member

wiscbirddog likes this.
  20. JP Canada

JP Canada Member

@i need help thank you, thank you!!!! I have sent the photos to the teacup attic for their thoughts! How would one determine the value of something like this?

i need help likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted