Limoge's plate signed can't figure out signature please help

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Kingjoker, Feb 17, 2017.

1. Kingjoker

Kingjoker Well-Known Member

2. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

I would guess Randolph but I wouldn't spend too much time on it. Limoges rarely sells based on the individual artist. The more I handle Limoges the more I am sure there were several artists working under the same name. Can you provide a closer image of the lighter mark? I might be able to tell you more about the plate if I could see that mark better. It's a beautiful design and blue and white hand painted Limoges is rather rare.
    Don

judy likes this.
  3. Kingjoker

4. JanetP

JanetP Member

judy, dgbjwc and Kingjoker like this.
  5. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

JanetP found it before I did. I'm afraid I can't much more information than is in the link. The company is not listed in my reference books. I think the link is correct, though, that this would be a mark used around 1906.
    Don

judy and Kingjoker like this.
  6. Kingjoker

How much would the value of something like this be?

judy likes this.
  7. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Depends on how quick you want to sell it and your selling venue. It's got a couple of things going for it - the color, the decoration (roses), and the condition (which looks good). Going against it are that the Limoges plate market is not strong and it's by a fairly obscure decorating company. If it were mine - In an antique booth or on Ruby Lane I'd probably price it at about $50. To sell on eBay I'd start an auction at half that. If I needed a title I'd use something like Limoges Emile Madesclaire Blue & White Roses Cabinet Plate. It doesn't qualify as flow blue but if you want to pump the interest up a little you could mention in the description that it would go nicely with a flow blue collection.
    Don

8. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Wow! I would be lucky to get $10.00 for this if I had any interest at all. Have seen virtually no market locally (semi-rural Midwest) for hand painted plates for quite awhile now. I have found the ebay market is too hit or miss on such items to make selling them there worthwhile. I used to pick them up when I could but have just quit doing so. Have passed by many a beautiful hand painted plate in the past couple years.

judy, leeddie and Kingjoker like this.
  9. Brian Warshaw

Brian Warshaw Well-Known Member

1906 is when EM was born. 1929 would have been the earliest he would have designed it, and possibly up to 1940.

judy likes this.
  10. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

I imagine it's long gone, since this thread is from 2017.

Draft saved Draft deleted