Limoges (?) Signed Teacup and Saucer

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by KikoBlueEyes, Aug 10, 2019.

1. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

I bought this small teacup today that has a Limoges France stamp under the glaze, but I was unable to find the mark in the various catalogs to see if it is real. The saucer is also signed "Vence" in gold. The flowers are not hand painted, they are transfers. The shape is unusual in that it has large flat surfaces that rise up from the shape of the cup and saucer. It is gilded inside the cup. Could it be real Limoges? And if so, it is modern, vintage or perhaps even antique. Any help would be appreciated. IMG_3490.jpg IMG_3489.jpg IMG_3487.jpg IMG_3485.jpg IMG_3484.jpg IMG_3482.jpg IMG_3480.jpg

ulilwitch likes this.
  2. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

3. KikoBlueEyes

Sensational find. Thanks so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I couldn't find anything. The first one is the same as mine with a different Limoges mark on the saucer

Last edited: Aug 10, 2019
    judy and SBSVC like this.
  4. Faye

Faye New Member

Looked up the backmark: Limoges La Seynie mark

judy, KikoBlueEyes and UncleChuckTX like this.
  5. Faye

Faye New Member

6. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

7. KikoBlueEyes

Thanks so much for taking the time to look this up. I am delighted to know this.

judy likes this.
  8. KikoBlueEyes

judy likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted