Lithograph Map

Discussion in 'Art' started by Dlf, Oct 19, 2020.

1. Dlf

Dlf Active Member

Starting on second box. No date of course. 49 1/2" x 33 Few questions. First date of production? How to get creases out for framing besides having it stuck to board? And how are you guys so amazing? Found 1 for $49.99 but dosen't have "Prepared for The Word Book of Encyclopedia" on it. Also found one other that is damaged. Hoping mine is easier than the two I found. 20201019_162103_compress42.jpg

Last edited: Oct 19, 2020
  2. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Looks like a National Geographic map. And doesn't look too old. If Alaska and Hawaii are states, then post-1959. You can refine date from there but could be 1960s-ish. There is no way to get the creases fully out. If you're thinking of hanging, you can affix to board with Spray Mount.

Debora

Fid likes this.
  3. Dlf

Dlf Active Member

20201019_164050_compress84.jpg What about this one?

4. sabre123

sabre123 Well-Known Member

I have the "The Earth's Moon" one lying around. Was an insert in a Nat Geo issue, but don't recall the date.

Bakersgma likes this.
  5. Dlf

Dlf Active Member

Think I'll sell them both going through a few others in the box still in original plastic. Fingers crossed for an antique or valuable one.

6. sabre123

sabre123 Well-Known Member

Sometimes, you will do better selling a "lot" of them. It's kind of hit or miss with the Nat Geo stuff because they sold so many.

Fid and Dlf like this.
  7. Dlf

Dlf Active Member

Found a african heritage map double sided from 1971 might keep this one but not sure how to frame it map double glass or plexi.

8. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

I think you are safe with 1959. It shows French Equatorial Africa:

Under the Fourth Republic (1946–58), the federation [French Equatorial Africa] was represented in the French parliament. When the territories voted in the September 1958 referendum to become autonomous within the French Community, the federation was dissolved. In 1959 the new republics formed an interim association called the Union of Central African Republics, before becoming fully independent in August 1960.

9. Dlf

Dlf Active Member

Ok thank you

sabre123 likes this.
  10. Dlf

Dlf Active Member

Thank you

sabre123 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted