Little Chinese Cloisonne Snuff Box?

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Steve Shubinski, Jul 31, 2020.

1. Steve Shubinski

Steve Shubinski Well-Known Member

This is a beautiful little Cloisonne box which I believe was a snuff box. It does not have a screw-on lid but it does tighten when turned a particular way. The cloisonne appears to be very well done based on my untrained eye. I am curious if there are any thoughts on how old this piece might be. I know it is Chinese based on the color inside the box. Looking forward to your feedback! clois 1.jpg clois 3.jpg clois 4.jpg clois 5.jpg clois 6.jpg

judy and aaroncab like this.
  2. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

very pretty! Is that a quarter next to it? I cannot figure out how small it is because the coin is cut off. How big is it? Does it have "residue" inside, or is that white from the flash of the camera? Curious minds want to know!

judy and i need help like this.
  3. aaroncab

aaroncab in veritate victoria

Nice piece. Early 20th? Just a guess...

antidiem, judy and i need help like this.
  4. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

5. blooey

blooey Well-Known Member

6. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

:)

7. Steve Shubinski

Steve Shubinski Well-Known Member

Thank you antidiem, aaroncab and i need help for your posts. My apologies for not including the size. Yes, it was a quarter next t it. The size is 1 1/8" tall x 7/8" wide. I do not see residue on the bottom but there is a musty aroma. It is also interesting that mine has at least one exact match! Thanks again!

i need help and aaroncab like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted