Featured Little German china dog, anyone recognise number?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Ownedbybear, Apr 27, 2015.

1. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Anyone recognise the style of the country mark or numbering please? I'm thinking 20s or 30s.

156A.jpg 156B.jpg

2. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

No clue, but my niece just got a dog who would do that. He's about the same size too.(LOL)

3. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Hi ownedbybear - the script looks older to me - maybe just prior to WWI? It's a cute piece.
    Don

4. Ownedbybear

Could well be, Don, thinking about it. Stuff marked Germany wasn't popular in the 20s, it tended to get marked as Foreign. He's nicely made, but it's so irritating when there's no clue on the base. ;)

dgbjwc likes this.
  5. lauragarnet

lauragarnet Well-Known Member

Between your dog figurine and kardinalisimo's Cocker Spaniel painting, I WANT A PUPPY!

I searched googly eyes German porcelain dog figurines to see if I could find any more like this or at least similar. No luck. No luck with the obvious german porcelain 9329 search either.

There are dogs in similar poses, usually with a bee or fly on the tail or nose.

I was thinking it looked kind of Goebel-ish, but found nothing.

yourturntoloveit likes this.
  6. Ownedbybear

bump in case anyone knows mmore....

7. mymysharona43

mymysharona43 Well-Known Member

I dont know more but have one similar different numbers
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted