Featured Little Green Glass car

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by baltojoe75, May 26, 2022.

1. baltojoe75

baltojoe75 Well-Known Member

I came across this little green pressed glass car. It looks like it is being driven by a bird. It's 5 inches long by 2 inches high. I found an exact copy in cobalt blue on another site but they give no info other than glass toy car. I get the impression this was to promote something. When do you think this was produced (1930's 40's??).
    car1.jpg car2.jpg car3.jpg car3.jpg car4.jpg car5.jpg

2. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

Maybe made by Avon.

judy likes this.
  3. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

4. baltojoe75

its definitely the same green color but seems much older than when Avon was making the car cologne bottles.

judy likes this.
  5. pearlsnblume

judy, NewEngland, *crs* and 1 other person like this.
  6. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

Hello @baltojoe75 & welcome to the forum!! :happy::happy:

You missed seeing the post that gave you all the information about your piece. See post #3 from our preeminent IDer of anything glass. ;):D:D:D

Maybe @Kronos can help you out with the Worthpoint figures. :happy::happy:

Very cool piece!! I would have snatched it up in a heartbeat. :p:p:happy:

judy, Bakersgma, TallCakes and 2 others like this.
  7. baltojoe75

thank you so much. I've never heard of victory glass co.

8. baltojoe75

I see the same one up on the bay now.

judy and bercrystal like this.
  9. 916Bulldogs123

916Bulldogs123 Well-Known Member

Learn something new here every day!
    Search term Victory glass candy containers brings up a lot. Love the airplane and the bunny!
    Mikey

10. Kronos

Kronos Well-Known Member

The worthpoint ones linked above sold for about $13 each.

11. wlwhittier

wlwhittier Well-Known Member

Avon? Schmavon!

I loathe that stuff, even tho' some of it has value.

Obviously a superior product, to me.

Welcome here...Thanks for the pic!

judy and 916Bulldogs123 like this.
  12. pearlsnblume

I have an Avon product here that I got when I was just 7 years old and I prize it as holds wonderful memories. One man's loathing is another woman's treasure.

13. 916Bulldogs123

916Bulldogs123 Well-Known Member

My Mom had a small collection of Elizabeth Taylor for Avon jewelry. She worked for Avon from 1991 to 1997. Not for the money. In fact she spent more than she earned. She loved seeing the inside of all the old mansions and houses in the Auburn area.
    Mikey

14. pearlsnblume

We only had the Avon Lady come to our place when we lived in Calif for a brief time.
    I remember being so excited to see the lotions and potions and cosmetics that she had. I was thrilled when my mother got me my very own Avon soap. Believe it or not, it still has it's shape and still smells wonderful. It is in the original box. It is in the shape of a peach cut in half with a soap pit. I only used one half of the peach, the rest is still intact.
    Those were the days.

15. wlwhittier

wlwhittier Well-Known Member

I knew I was gonna hear about it, but jest could not he'p m'self. The attitude about Avon goes back to my youth, where there were 2 kinda pushy Avon Ladies inna neighborhood, an' they both reeked of sickly-sweet cologne, almost certainly made by their employer. Ugh...still gives me th' shivers!

judy likes this.
  16. BoudiccaJones

BoudiccaJones Well-Known Member

I love to find AVON stuff out in the wild.
    Their perfume holds up well to the test of time...some of it is utterly delish. In fact I don't believe I've found an AVON smell that I didn't like x

916Bulldogs123, judy and pearlsnblume like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted