Little Haitian village scene in blue and white

Discussion in 'Art' started by J Dagger, Oct 18, 2019.

1. J Dagger

J Dagger Well-Known Member

A02227DE-F7AA-449F-A6D3-B7FB84FEF83A.jpeg 880E561A-D41D-4948-B1A9-92DF892EB011.jpeg 1F8C1B34-B169-4A79-A50E-EB8FF3FF5274.jpeg BB28ADAC-B6AD-43DF-9799-FFE30CA4097A.jpeg CF85DAB2-12D5-48C4-8627-BBE405692042.jpeg

Any reason I shouldn’t sell this for $20? I wanted more originally but listed it on a local marketplace and kept going down $5 every handful of days from $50 until I found someone interested. Every time I look at it I like it more but I am trying to be less of a hoarder. Grabbed it for a couple bucks at a thrift shop. It’s done on some hand cut/torn piece of fabric.

There’s a somewhat similar piece listed on eebeh for $350. Same blue/white/black paint, village scene, Haitian, “found” canvas with theirs being a flour sack. Am I way undervaluing mine or are they way overvaluing theirs? Somewhere in the middle? The guy that expressed interest is a Hispanic professor at one of the best universities in the world and focuses on populations like Haiti’s. I know he would really appreciate this painting so I’m inclined to sell it to him so long as I’m not giving it away at $20. I figured it was a common enough tourist pickup. It keeps growing on me though as things tend to.

Christmasjoy and Any Jewelry like this.
  2. aaroncab

aaroncab in veritate victoria

I agree it's a common enough tourist pickup. You've had it up for sale for a while with no bites so...if it's worth more than $20 to you, keep it, if not, sell it. I think the ebay seller is dreaming...

3. rink28

rink28 Well-Known Member

If you can find any sold listings on ebay or any other sites of your artist work that would give you something to go by. I agree though I think the seller is just putting a price out there to see if it sticks to the wall but if you had it for sale awhile and kept going down in price then I wouldn't hesitate to sell it for 20 if you dont decide to keep it.

Christmasjoy likes this.
  4. J Dagger

I throw prices at the wall on a regular basis too. May as well try! Couldn't find the artist anywhere when I looked. It kind of looks like Haitt or Haitl rather than Haiti but nothing under those names either.

Christmasjoy and aaroncab like this.
  5. aaroncab

aaroncab in veritate victoria

Definitely looks like Haiti to me.

Jivvy and Christmasjoy like this.
  6. J Dagger

Yeh I assume it is. Just checked in case.

Christmasjoy likes this.
  7. patd8643

patd8643 Well-Known Member

Looks like Hal'tt to me.

Draft saved Draft deleted