Featured Little Kutani cup help with maker.

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by 916Bulldogs123, Feb 19, 2022.

1. 916Bulldogs123

916Bulldogs123 Well-Known Member

Hi all, I have this Beautiful little 3 1/4" Kutani cup with a peacock and flowers. I can read the kutani is on the right side of the mark but couldn't find a match on the g site.
    Any help is much appreciated as always.
    Mikey
    weee 514.jpg weee 517.jpg weee 520.jpg weee 522.jpg weee 528.jpg

judy, bercrystal and Bakersgma like this.
  2. 916Bulldogs123

@Ce BCA @Francisco G Kempton have you seen this mark before. I'm finding this shape of cup being described as Meiji with some high bvb prices.
    Mikey

3. Ce BCA

Ce BCA Well-Known Member

I'm afraid I can't work that one out at all aside it saying Kutani on the right. Not even sure what either could be, probably obvious to someone fluent, but I'm not getting anything remotely useful.

Does look Meiji, likely a poem or moral written on the inside.

Edit: Now wondering if it is a very badly drawn 泰 (peace/calm or name Itaru)

Last edited: Feb 20, 2022
  4. 916Bulldogs123

Thank you very much Sir. My FB group is saying Meiji also. Just waiting on the translation.
    Mikey

Ce BCA likes this.
  5. 916Bulldogs123

I sent pictures to Kutani.org along with their $15 fee. From what I've seen it will be worth it. Crossed fingers lol.

Ce BCA likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted