Featured Little leather foldover, anyone recognise logo and silver mark?

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Ownedbybear, Feb 1, 2023.

1. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Italian I suspect. Not really a silver question hence posting it here. Anyone recognise the impressed logo on the leather please? I can also see 925 on the silver, god knows what else!

Lovely soft leather.

P1200875 small.JPG P1200874 small.JPG P1200873 small.JPG P1200877 small.JPG P1200876.JPG

2. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

I suspect the marks on the silver section is Italian "Riempito." R in a square and 1g for the silver. Here's a section of that regulation that explains:

a) In the objects partially or totally coated with a sheet of precious metal, the use of putty is allowed to fix the thin sheet to its support, on condition that the density of the putty is not more than 2,5 g/cubic cm. and that its percentage in weight does not exceed 25% of the total weight of the object, and that it is marked with an "R" in a square accompanied by the metal's weight in grams and tenths of gram, followed by the symbol "g" for the coverings in platinum, palladio and gold, and adheres to the conditions illustrated at letter c) for the coverings in silver;

Figtree3, kentworld, komokwa and 5 others like this.
  3. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Ah, that makes sense, I've had other bits with that. Many thanks.

Bakersgma likes this.
  4. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

You're always welcome, OBB!

Ownedbybear likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted