Featured Little marigold whimsy, pattern help, please!

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by lvetterli, Feb 15, 2020.

1. lvetterli

lvetterli Well-Known Member

Hello, everyone. I have a few things I'd appreciate help with and this little thing is the first on the pile.
    Marigold whimsy (5).JPG Marigold whimsy (2).JPG Marigold whimsy (3).JPG Marigold whimsy (7).JPG

It looks almost like a juice glass that's been "whimsied" out to a small dish. Just 4" across and 1½" in height. The pattern is small leaves and daisy-type flowers. I found similar but not the same on Dave Doty's site. It does have "Souvenir" painted on one edge, if there was a state or city it's been scrubbed off. Thanks for your help, it's always appreciated.

Linda

Pat P, stracci, judy and 1 other person like this.
  2. George Nesmith

George Nesmith Well-Known Member

I would call it a manipulted bowl. The peach opalescent always has me start with Dugan. Try ddoty.com.

UncleChuckTX and Pat P like this.
  3. lvetterli

I always start with Ddoty.com when it's carnival. Can't find one to match. Thought for a bit that it might be Jeanette's Floragold but no. Any other input?

Linda

4. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

patd8643 and UncleChuckTX like this.
  5. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

6. lvetterli

And that's it! Thank you, thank you one and all!

Linda

7. lvetterli

But, before I go, is this peach opal or marigold on moonstone? @say_it_slowly those pictures are wonderful. It was difficult to get any detail in photos.

Linda

8. Brazos

Brazos Active Member

From the pictures, it looks to be peach opal.

9. lvetterli

Thank you all, very much!

Linda

komokwa likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted