Little pewter or lead train cars marked SML

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Steve Shubinski, Aug 10, 2020.

1. Steve Shubinski

Steve Shubinski Well-Known Member

I have these 3 miniature lead or pewter train cars. One of the cars is marked SML. I did find one other example on the net but there was no information about SML. Anyone know who SML is and when these were made? The length of the 3 cars together is 3 3/8". Thanks in advance!

train 1.jpg train 2.jpg train 3.jpg train 4.jpg train 5.jpg

Christmasjoy and ulilwitch like this.
  2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

those are my initials....but I didn't make it !! ;):playful::playful:

3. sabre123

sabre123 Well-Known Member

There is/was a company named, Sebastian Miniature that had made miniature pewter items among other mini items with different materials. They had model numbers like SML-361, but the quality of the castings look much better than these, so I don't know.

Christmasjoy, komokwa and ulilwitch like this.
  4. sabre123

5. sabre123

Christmasjoy and komokwa like this.
  6. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

sabre123 and Christmasjoy like this.
  7. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

Oh, my gosh. I have a tiny train like that with a Bicentennial theme. One car has the liberty bell and the other two cars have something else with that theme. It's been put away a long time so I don't remember what else, but it's about the same size as yours next to a quarter.

8. Steve Shubinski

Thanks komokwa, sabre123 and bev aka thelmasstuff for the feedback. Best as I can see, it must be have been make by Sebastien Miniatures.

komokwa and sabre123 like this.
  9. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

Steve, I have a set of 4 of those train cars, altho the only that's marked seems to say ©RAM on the bottom.

The ones I have are from the late 1990's. They were purchased, attached to a railroad spike, at a railroad museum in CT.

The set belonged to my son, who thought they were cool till he reached his teens... At that point, he broke the train cars off the spike & kept the spike - leaving the train cars for me! (You can still see the glue on the bottoms of the cars.)

pewter train cars 1.JPG

pewter train cars 2.JPG

Last edited: Aug 10, 2020
    komokwa likes this.
  10. Steve Shubinski

Certainly looks very much like mine. Thanks for sending the photos.

komokwa and SBSVC like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted