LONG SHOT PHOTOGRAPH FROM A FRIEND--IS THIS ANYBODY?

Discussion in 'Ephemera and Photographs' started by Aquitaine, May 1, 2022.

1. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Once again....same friend also sent a photo of a woman.....I'm guessing maybe 1940's'???, wearing an ankle length FUR coat with a FUR scarf!!!! Those pencil-thin eyebrows look professionally done to me!!!! She thought it might be an actress?? I'm "up there" but she's NOT familiar to me.....does ANYONE recognize her??? Also wondering if the blurry picture on the back wall might give any hints!?? OHHHH....JUST realized it looks like it might say "NRA"!!! BTW, she looks to be trying on gloves...........AND THANK YOU FOR LOOKING!!!

image000001-X.jpg

pearlsnblume likes this.
  2. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

She's in a department store having gloves fitted. Depression era. The NRA 'We Do Our Part' poster in the back dates it to 1933-1935.

Debora

3. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

She's not familiar to me, either. At least, no actress comes to mind. She might also have been well known in another way. The pose of the photo does seem to suggest that she was known. Does the back of the photo have any stamp on it from a news agency or photographer?

pearlsnblume likes this.
  4. Silverthorne

Silverthorne Well-Known Member

She IS familiar to me, but I don't know who she is. There is some connection with my grandmother... Not personally, just that my grandmother would probably recognize her.

pearlsnblume, Figtree3 and Aquitaine like this.
  5. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

She didn't mention any, @Figtree3 and she's pretty good about checking!!

pearlsnblume and Figtree3 like this.
  6. Silverthorne

Silverthorne Well-Known Member

Could she possibly be a singer? Opera? Blues?

pearlsnblume likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted