Look at that haul! (Bone China, Fine China, etc.)

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by CluelessFarmBoy, Sep 23, 2021.

1. CluelessFarmBoy

CluelessFarmBoy Active Member

IMG_20210923_185845.jpg IMG_20210923_185852.jpg anyone see anything particularly interesting?

judy and pearlsnblume like this.
  2. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

If you need formal china I'm betting it's a bargain. That pierced work bowl would have me taking a second look. Meissen it ain't although it's based on it; it's trying and might be hand-painted. Those rose-pattern dishes might be worth a gander, especially if you're willing to ship to Korea. I'm told that's where a lot of rose pattern lands. That cut to clear decanter is definitely interesting, if it's free of nicks or chips. (use fingers to "look" for those)

Someone who actually knows 20th century china will know better.

judy likes this.
  3. CluelessFarmBoy

Pierced work bowl?
    Let's see.....
    Ding ding ️ding we have a winner!

kmc_20210924_005442.jpg "Bavaria"
    Made in Germany ️US Zone️ kmc_20210924_005424.jpg

judy likes this.
  4. CluelessFarmBoy

Rose pattern dishes.....
    kmc_20210924_013021.jpg kmc_20210924_013003.jpg "Royal Vale" from England

judy likes this.
  5. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Very pretty,but if you are planning on reselling Id pass. You cant give formal china away anymore.

pearlsnblume and wiscbirddog like this.
  6. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

That Royal Vale is very low value, sadly.

johnnycb09 likes this.
  7. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

I concur, alas, but it's pretty. The stuff with the platinum rim might be more saleable. It's not dishwasher safe, and these days nobody wants to deal with that.

pearlsnblume and johnnycb09 like this.
  8. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

If the platinum is Thomas, it's saleable.

pearlsnblume likes this.
  9. CluelessFarmBoy

Cut to clear decanter....
    Ain't that the truth.....kind of.....I did just sell a Christmas Holly by "Fine China Japan"(not to be mistaken with "Fine China of Japan") 6 setting of teacups saucers and dinner plates for $70 hehe.

10. CluelessFarmBoy

Did I forget to mention that I was paid to take all of this? I could smash it all right now and profit = 100% But I won't, there's some Royal Doulton in there somewhere...

11. CluelessFarmBoy

Platinum rim...oh the big 12 setting by itself on the marble table? That's all Sangu, about $5-$10 per piece I believe. It will definitely sell, might take a while tho, most everything on that table will eventually sell, or I'll end up swapping it with a guy that I got who takes that stuf.

Draft saved Draft deleted