Featured Look at the sold prices on these Christmas cards......

Discussion in 'Ephemera and Photographs' started by Bookahtoo, Oct 13, 2015.

1. Bookahtoo

Bookahtoo Moderator Moderator

2. Roger67

Roger67 Well-Known Member

Yea I'm going through mine too... Highest one $260.00??? Is that right?

3. Bookahtoo

That's right. It's a Tasha Tudor - hey, I might have one!

4. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

This is amazing!

A little different in the past 15 days -- I went to look at all of the seller's listings, then did an Advanced search for that seller and clicked on Closed listings (last 15 days). There were over 5,000 closed listings from that seller in the past 15 days. Most not sold, obviously.

Then I clicked on "Sold" and came up with only 87 in the last 15 days. I do see that the ones on the list you found go all the way back to July, which is the 90-day window for completed searches in some categories. -- This person must list massive amounts of cards. Currently over 6,000 items listed, and a lot in the cards category! They are selling a small percentage of their listings, but for amazing money on some of them and also they list a lot of stuff!

5. Roger67

I had NO idea the value of some of these cards. Ok everybody go out looking for Christmas cards. I am...:wideyed::wideyed::wideyed:

cxgirl and yourturntoloveit like this.
  6. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

I guess I could maybe understand Tasha Tudor, but most of those looked AT LEAST 50's -to 70's.....what's so special....vintage???? I don't get it either....they kind of look like Spag's Specials if you're in the Shrewsbury, MA area!!!!! That ecclectic store is gone now, but.....
    Sue

7. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

:hilarious: "Spag's, no bags!" Ahead of their time!

A lot of those cards look sooooo familiar, style-wise at least. I cannot believe those prices! :wideyed:

pearlsnblume likes this.
  8. TheOLdGuy

TheOLdGuy Well-Known Member

I am sorry to see those sales. Can't believe it! Are there really that many low IQ buyers?

The seller is not making any false claims as far as I see. They are, after all, vintage. Out of 6,040 active I noticed one stating from 1940s. (I did not look at all of them.:rolleyes:)

My search showed 10,788 completed listings with only 472 sold. All listings, not just cards.

Give her some credit here. She offers FREE SHIPPING on any over $10.00. Under ten it's only $1.50 if you buy three.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2015
    Figtree3 likes this.
  9. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    I tossed all of my 50s unused Christmas cards in the 90s could not get more than 25¢ each. I have hundreds of Christmas post cards from the 1870s to 1910. They sell for a couple of bucks apiece. My "rare" ones bring a lot more but I am not selling those yet. What is happening to the market? Am I getting too old to make decisions anymore????:eek:
    greg

antidiem and pearlsnblume like this.
  10. Bookahtoo

It is really disconcerting.
    I'm throwing a bunch up there that have people dressed in "old timey" clothes and calling them "Victorian Family doing blah, blah, blah". I bet I don't sell one - yet I have some of the same brands she does (no name :D)!

antidiem and yourturntoloveit like this.
  11. Roger67

But you know I was looking at the cards that were sold by this seller and when you click on all of them it says ENDED shouldn't it say SOLD???

12. TheOLdGuy

You made me look AGAIN.
    But, thanks, I hadn't noticed on first time through.

This one did sell for $24.00, but it's one of 24 she is selling. She has 10 still active on that same listing. What do you call it when you put up multiple items in one listing? She has a box of 24??? Selling each one at $24.00??? That's $576 in sales. I wonder what she paid for the box.

When you sell one out of ten the listing continues as active, and all individual sales are in "sold" but marked "ended" meaning 1 out of 10. Same thing when a 2nd one sells.

Makes me wonder if my stats above are affected by that. Does only 472 sold mean only 472 items or 472 listings with maybe 24 in each listing?

User ID [​IMG]Price Quantity Date of Purchase [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG] k***0[​IMG]( 2211[​IMG]) US $24.00 4 Oct-03-15 17:04:59 PDT

Unused Hallmark Nanae Ito Xmas Greeting Card Deer & Fawn Under Pine Tree in Snow

Quantity:

More than 10 available

antidiem and cxgirl like this.
  13. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

Wow, this is truly a mystery I don't get.

14. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

Crazy! +TheOldGuy and I zeroed in on the same card in the link on the first page!

This is all a mystery to mee too!!

15. TheOLdGuy

OK, I join you mystery folks. I'm retracting my previous note.

I was just researching a few items on eBay. Went into SOLD. All highlighted in green. When I clicked on them some had that slash across the picture saying "SOLD." Others had the same slash saying "ENDED."

DUNNO Y

I was looking at individual items, not the "bulk sale" types I mentioned before. The "bulk," if that's what it's called. is when you have several identical items. You put them up in ONE LISTING, only offering one at, say, $5.00. When one is sold the sold list will say ENDED. The listing will continue as active with, example - One sold, ten still available.

Click on this link = Unused Hallmark Nanae Ito Xmas Greeting Card Deer & Fawn Under Pine Tree in Snow and you'll see what I mean.

And you can return the favor and let us all know how the heck that card seller is <s>getting away with</s> doing that.

16. LeftonGuy

LeftonGuy Well-Known Member

A list of completed ebay auctions for vintage cards with at least one bid. Highest price about $50. A doozy of a link but may interest. There are about 45,000 auctions currently listed, only about 650 current completed auctions with bids (about 1 1/2 percent).

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Vintage-Greeting-Cards-/35889/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=35889&_udlo=&_udhi=&_ftrt=901&_ftrv=1&LH_NOB=1&_sabdlo=1&_sabdhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=15&_stpos=67220&_sargn=-1&saslc=1&_salic=1&_sop=16&_dmd=1&_ipg=200

17. Pat P

Pat P Well-Known Member

That's nuts. The only thing I can think of is the seller has some 1%-ers following him/her and caters to them.

I just listed a lovely 1882 Christmas and New Year's card and will be lucky to get the $4.95 + s/h I'm asking. :rolleyes:

Somehow I just can't fathom anyone paying $30+ for a not all that old Gibson Christmas card... very weird.

18. Pat P

Pat P Well-Known Member

After seeing that, I went ahead and raised the price on my card a couple of dollars. Probably means now it really won't sell!

19. Bookahtoo

Pat - what's your ebay selling id? I'm selling some of my Christmas cards - maybe I need some of yours. :p:oops::happy:

20. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

Book, I just took a quick look at your listings and realized that you live only 30-something miles from where I am. I pass thru your town at least once a week!

Why did I think that you lived closer to Boston?

-C-

Draft saved Draft deleted