Look I’m a cowboy...howdy howdy howdy

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Wtfdude, Oct 17, 2020.

1. Wtfdude

Wtfdude Member

Greetings, found this web page tracking some pics of PNW tribal art similar to a piece I recently purchased, unfortunately it was information I didn’t want to read but nonetheless probably applicable to my piece. Once I get it in hand I’ll Be able to ask some questions about it and get the nitty gritty.
    As for my greeting, some of you may say “what?” But there has to be others who know exactly where that’s ORIGINALLY from. And to those who remember Gary Larson and was keen to his outlook then you would get me fully. Everyone else....hi.
    I am a collector of certain genres but from time to time get distracted by other shiny things at least for a little while. If I was a mouse or rat I’d a been a goner long ago.
    Not really sure what else to say except that I appreciated the thread I found in that there was no fluff but there was a kindness shown by the fact that there was time to respond to a persons inquiry #1, that the explanation of details was not rude in any way#2, and finally the 3rd was an invitation for the poster to join for an education. Maybe not the best reasons for some to join but it resonated with me, lol. Just be ready to chuckle, shake your head and think to yourself ‘when’s this guy gonna learn’ before answering any of my questions. Just go easy on me to start. Thanks for your time, it truly is our most valuable asset.

lovewrens, NostalgicWonders and judy like this.
  2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Thanks for your time, it truly is our most valuable asset......

Nope , not here !
    Here humor is above all else...

While we inspect and dissect and respect all the items presented to us here , we also inject a playful humor on our lighthearted journey...
    sometimes having a thread go so far afield with comments and stories that we lose track of what the item was in the 1st place....& apologies ensue !!

So Cowboy , strap in and enjoy the ride !!!!!
    Y'all R welcome to post your incredible antiques.....or that " WTF is this thing I've had for years?? "

NewEngland, judy, sabre123 and 2 others like this.
  3. Wtfdude

Wtfdude Member

C38C99D4-23A7-4D2A-A87C-F08688D88BA0.jpeg

komokwa and judy like this.
  4. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Dude, I said strap in......................................not strap on !!! :eek::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Bawhahahaha!!!!!!!

( seriously though....lots of intro's we get here....... ( hi, I joined because I need help with my stuff..)

That's boring..........:yawn::yawn:

You're NOT !!!

So yer worth my full attention !!:):)

PS....PNW tribal...... is called Northwest Coast 1st Nations art......
    Just sayin...;)

5. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum, W.

Wtfdude, judy, sabre123 and 1 other person like this.
  6. sabre123

sabre123 Well-Known Member

Hi, WtfDude!

Wtfdude and judy like this.
  7. judy

judy Well-Known Member

Hi Wtfdude! (or should I call you Cowboy?);)

Welcome to Antiquers..................

Wtfdude likes this.
  8. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Howdy, dude!

Wtfdude likes this.
  9. Houseful

Houseful Well-Known Member

Welcome:)

Wtfdude likes this.
  10. all_fakes

all_fakes Well-Known Member

Welcome!

Wtfdude likes this.
  11. popsycat

popsycat Well-Known Member

welcome

Wtfdude likes this.
  12. Wtfdude

Wtfdude Member

Ok, I think I need to re-introduce myself I guess. I was abducted by aliens, had a temporary memory wipe, other, etc, etc. You know, the one called life. Aaaand plenty probing from life, especially lately so never thought strap....on, lol. Thats a rabbit hole (no, no pun intended or insinuated, at any level of consciousness) I look to avoid or I might be MIA another month. Apologies all around. My self diagnosed adhd is not the reason this time, as it is the case normally, a contributor but not the cause.
    In my hiatus I did finally get Item/items I had been researching when I stumbled here when I posted introduction and can hopefully live up to my hype (oh gawd here we go) and show you just how irritating my ignorance can be. Don't worry, Ill be able to prolong your agony as I have many acquisitions over the years to query I have little knowledge on. ;p

One could describe me as a reoccurring std (the herp), just when you think I'm gone....I show up again.

Any Jewelry, komokwa and judy like this.
  13. Wtfdude

Wtfdude Member

Either really, but Dude (any version of) is the norm. Any identifier that helps you will probably be fine with me. Ive been called a lot of things, lol.

judy likes this.
  14. Wtfdude

Wtfdude Member

see, I will not disappoint you with my ignorance:)

Attached Files:

15. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

I hate when that happens.

16. Vintage Maven

Vintage Maven Well-Known Member

Seems there’s a new Sheriff in town....Howdy Cowboy!

Draft saved Draft deleted