Looking for a Limoges Sugar Bowl

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by Husky88, May 6, 2019.

1. Husky88

Husky88 New Member

D7C20AEB-219E-4FC9-8EC2-FAD9C467E32F.jpeg 04C6A1F5-71C0-40B9-B7B2-A70DE0860C35.jpeg Looking to replace my Limoges sugar bowl, due to a big chip. Pictures included, needs to be identical. Thank you in advance!

scoutshouse likes this.
  2. wiscbirddog

wiscbirddog Well-Known Member

Appears to be hobbyist, hand-painted. Your chances of finding an identical one are slim to none. Sorry, it is very sweet.

scoutshouse, Husky88 and i need help like this.
  3. Husky88

Husky88 New Member

Thanks for the info! I have a whole tea set just like it, so was really hoping I could find one, but oh well :)

judy and scoutshouse like this.
  4. NickRobin

NickRobin Why buy new when you can fix old.

I have had the trouble in looking for my set, but then again haviland limoges had a sorting system.
    Your style was made in America between the ages of 1900-1949. It could have been a hand painted set, but I will look more into it when I get more time. It is harder to find hand painted pieces for sets as they where not made in high quantities.
    That being said, it looks like it was not fully painted, but followed a pattern. The finer details look like they where put on after it is made. Sort of like a decal process with hand painted outlining with the white and gold sticking out/popping up as another layer. That is within one reasonable suggestion to support how you have a set.
    It reminds me of the pieces that was made in Texas by the W.G. & CO. The style it wanted to be (Will leave picture down below).
    If you have the piece that chipped off I would recommend repair before replacement. With the right slight of hand and the piece intact, you may be able to restore it to its former glory before the chip happened without any hint it was ever mistreated.
    I am in no ways an expert and wiscbirddog might know a bit more on the subject, but I thought I would through my hat of thoughts into the conversation.
    0F7C4FFF-5BA8-47CD-A59F-EDC18EFFB731.jpeg

judy, Husky88 and Figtree3 like this.
  5. Husky88

Husky88 New Member

Thank you so much for your insights, very much appreciated! Unfortunately the piece that chipped is missing :(

judy likes this.
  6. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

It's a fake Limoges mark, from Asia. Any value is in the hand-painting; the maker of the blank doesn't matter.

judy and komokwa like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted