Looking for Ceramic Bunnies!!!

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by Elizabeth Price, Mar 29, 2019.

1. Elizabeth Price

Elizabeth Price New Member

Hello,
    I unfortunately just accidentally broke one of my mother’s ceramic bunnies. She’s had them since college (probably around the 80s-90s). It’s a pair, but I only broke the boy one. The boy has a blue coat and is white and has a little picnic basket, while the girl has a pink coat with a parasail. My mom says they are irreplaceable but I would love to somehow find the boy figure or a look-a-like to give to her!! The only thing I know is that they were made in China (the rest has been taken off the bottom). I’ve attached images- if anyone knows what these are called or where I can find them or something like them please PLEASE let me know!!!

i need help likes this.
  2. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

Welcome, Elizabeth. If you post a photo of the one you need with a plain background & your thumb out of the way, we may be able to do something for you through image search, but not with the photo you've given us. Taken from a few sides would also be good.

3. Elizabeth Price

4. Elizabeth Price

Trying to figure out how to work this website! Here are the pictures

Bronwen, i need help and Any Jewelry like this.
  5. sabre123

sabre123 Well-Known Member

Cute bunnies (Our house is loaded with different types, sizes, shapes, and colors of bunnies. My wife is going through a 'Bunny Phase' It's cool with me. I like them).

Last edited: Mar 29, 2019
  6. Bronwen

Afraid this photo led Google image search to think I wanted pix of people in capes:

Bunny needed 1A.jpg

This one recognized I wanted a figurine, but gave me ones of wide-eyed children:

Bunny needed 1B.jpg

Mind you, this is starting with 'ceramic bunny' in the search box. Search does not seem to be able to integrate both verbal & visual info. Search continues. Our best people haven't got on it yet. @i need help @Jivvy

7. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

sabre123, Christmasjoy and Bronwen like this.
  8. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

The colors of their jackets and the general style/ period of the clothing are reminiscent of Beatrix Potter's Peter Rabbit (blue jacket) and his sisters Flopsy, Mopsy, and Cottontail. Styles are different from what is in the book illustrations but I wonder if these were meant to be a takeoff on them?

9. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

10. wiscbirddog

wiscbirddog Well-Known Member

How badly did you break Mr. Bunny? Perhaps it would be easier to have him professionally repaired.

11. Elizabeth Price

Pretty badly! The bottom is all gone basically. I still have a lot of big pieces, but there were also a lot of small pieces that could not be salvaged. Is it possible for a professional to find similar extra material to fix him?

12. Bronwen

@kyratango Do you have any thoughts on how Mr. Bunny could be made whole again? She's our restoration guru.

13. sabre123

sabre123 Well-Known Member

Try doing a search:
    Fitz floyd bunny dapper
    Fitz and Floyd dapper bunny
    Etc

A bit more decorative, but ...

Elizabeth Price and Bronwen like this.
  14. kyratango

kyratango Bug jewellery addiction!

:kiss:Bronwen for the tag :)
    I'd try to carefully glue in place all the largest shards, then fill the gaps with kind of gesso/thin wall coating, sand it with thin grit and match colors.
    Seek for ceramic restorations videos on youtube:peeking:

15. Bronwen

Thank you, Madame. :kiss::kiss:

16. Elizabeth Price

That looks like a pretty good replacement! Thank you so much!

Figtree3 and i need help like this.
  17. i need help

Can you show the made in China mark or label?

18. quirkygirl

quirkygirl likes pretty old things

19. i need help

20. Elizabeth Price

Perfect! Thank you so much!
    AMAZING!!!! Thank you!

Draft saved Draft deleted