Looking for Eldreth Santas

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by SearchingForEldreth, Jun 29, 2019.

1. SearchingForEldreth

SearchingForEldreth New Member

Hello,

Forgive me I’m new to this. My mother recently lost 75-90% of her Eldreth collection. Someone decided to drive their car through our home and obliterated the collection of Salt Glazed Santa’s she had. Does anyone have any suggestions where to go to find replacements?

https://fox2now.com/2019/06/27/car-vs-house-fee/

Above is the news story related to the accident to validate my situation.

Christmasjoy, Any Jewelry and SBSVC like this.
  2. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Have you thought about Ebay? There are currently 66 active listings (not all the Santa figurines, but there are a lot of them) on eBay.

Christmasjoy and Any Jewelry like this.
  3. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

Hi, Searching - and welcome!

Heavens, that is AWFUL! You never expect something like that to happen...

By any chance, does your mother have any PHOTOS of her collection? That would probably go a long way in helping to find replacements.

Please pass along our best wishes to her!

Any Jewelry likes this.
  4. SearchingForEldreth

I’ve checked eBay. I wasn’t able to find all the Santa’s I needed. She needs a 1992,1994,2016 and 2018. I have photos of the 92 and 94 but can’t find pics of the 2016 and 18.

Christmasjoy and Any Jewelry like this.
  5. SearchingForEldreth

DizzyDaff and Any Jewelry like this.
  6. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

I know you'd love to be able to get all of the ones she lost to that idiot driver at the same time, but keep in mind that just because those 4 are not listed on eBay today, does not mean they won't show up next week or next year. Ebay has a "saved search" function that you (or she) could use to be notified when the Santas she needs are listed. You'd set up each of the 4 as a separate search including the year so you don't get inundated with irrelevant items but do get a notice without needing to know what they look like. Once she has acquired a particular year, she can cancel the search.

7. AmericanGeode

AmericanGeode Well-Known Member

Good luck. That is very thoughtful of you to work to restore her collection.

Christmasjoy likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted