Looking for help on this possible antique porcelain bud vase

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by gauntlettgems, Mar 29, 2018.

1. gauntlettgems

gauntlettgems Well-Known Member

IMG_5186.jpg IMG_5196.jpg IMG_5195.jpg
    I think this might be antique in age and of possible European manufacture. It is very thin or translucent porcelain and appears to be hand painted. The mark looks like the number 50 and that is it. I was curious about anything you might recognize on this piece. It is almost 5" and I guess it's a bud vase because of the small opening on the top. Any help is very much appreciated! help please...

2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

isn't that Niagra falls....

larryE and aaroncab like this.
  3. gauntlettgems

Really? lol I did not consider that

4. msgood2shoe

msgood2shoe Well-Known Member

Looks like Niagra Falls to me. Probably decorated for the souvenir market

5. gauntlettgems

Ok, it is Niagra Falls Oh well, mystery solved. Ty!

6. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Most of these blue souvenir vases were from Germany. Most likely import date would be in the very early 1900's.
    Don

7. gauntlettgems

8. gauntlettgems

For anyone that follows or was curious. The collector was delighted to get this and I was happy with where the auction ended. He thinks it is German and possibly Dresden. He collects Niagra Falls souvenirs. Thank you guys for all the help! @konokwa

KentWhirled, dgbjwc and komokwa like this.
  9. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

My pleasure as always.... @ gauntletgerms .....;):playful::playful:

Oh...& good for you...nice sale !

gauntlettgems likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted