Featured Looking for help to ID Sang de Boeuf Porcelain Flambe Ginger Jar, maybe Chinese?

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Lva483, Dec 26, 2019.

1. Lva483

Lva483 Active Member

Good Evening,
    I'm looking for some help regarding the age/maker of this jar. Porcelain pottery with flambe (?) glaze in Oxblood with no identifying marks/signatures (there maybe something on the bottom, not sure though). There are some other similar colors like copper red, I'm not sure what this would be considered. It stands 8.5" tall. There is some kind of resist at the lower base and the bottom (I'm assuming to keep the glaze from running and sticking to the kiln). There are hints of white-light celadon blue on the lid in addition to the upper rim of the base. Thank you and I look forward to hearing what everyone thinks. :) e.jpeg c.jpeg d.jpeg

2. aaroncab

aaroncab in veritate victoria

3. kentworld

kentworld Well-Known Member

The foot rim and base are giving me pause. Pretty colour, but maybe a newer production...

judy, Fid, Any Jewelry and 4 others like this.
  4. blooey

blooey Well-Known Member

Beautifully controlled glaze, looks like Chinese porcelain to me.

judy, scoutshouse and aaroncab like this.
  5. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Beautiful, and I agree, not very old. Either Chinese or Thai made 'Chinese'.

blooey and judy like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted