Looking for help

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by MandyNS, Aug 9, 2020.

1. MandyNS

MandyNS New Member

[​IMG]
    MandyNSNew Member
    ***update*** photos now posted on new post further down*** thanks everyone for the help!:)Hi! I'm new to the forums :)
    I have been searching for info on an older, I believe coffee set with 5 cups and saucers and a creamer and the pot. It was gifted to me about 18 years ago by my mother in law and it has just stayed packed away until recently. My husband is almost 60 and he remembers the set from his childhood in Brasil. I took them out and when you flip them over the design is completely different. On the side I always saw in the box is painted with green leaves. The bottom of each has only a three leaf clover in green paint. On the plates they say "Brasil" or "Brazil". The opposite side of each plate, cup and the tea or coffee pot has different characters dancing in brightly coloured clothing carrying pots or drums. Some are atop a ladies head with flowers in it...on another it has a male carrying one. I just cannot seem to find anything like it online as I was hoping to possibly find the missing pieces. In the process of taking some pics but maybe the description rings a bell with someone?

Last edited: Aug 9, 2020
  2. blooey

blooey Well-Known Member

Pictures please!

i need help likes this.
  3. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Welcome, Mandy! The set sounds charming but... as above... I'm afraid it's going to be difficult for anyone to assist you without photographs.

Debora

i need help likes this.
  4. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

We LIVE by pictures, and if you need HELP, JUST ASK!!!!!:happy::happy::happy: Here's a starter, JUST in case:

For Future reference, when posting images:

Each image MUST be UNDER 1 MB....
    there are instructions on site here on how to reduce the size of your image, if that is the problem......you are allowed up to 10 images per post!!! Here are some links to the instructions:

If on the computer:
    https://www.antiquers.com/threads/posting-a-thread-and-uploading-pictures.15990/

If on an iPhone:
    https://www.antiquers.com/threads/resizing-photos-on-i-phone.35097/

And if on an Android phone:
    https://www.antiquers.com/threads/using-an-android-phone-for-pics-on-antiquers.41709/

Almost forgot!!! WELCOME to ANTIQUERS!!!:):):)

Houseful, i need help and Any Jewelry like this.
  5. MandyNS

MandyNS New Member

For some reason I'm having difficulties uploading the pics onto the forum :( the very thing that could help me. I'll keep trying thanks for replying.

i need help likes this.
  6. MandyNS

MandyNS New Member

Asking! can I maybe email them to you to post for me?‍:) :joyful:

7. Aquitaine

What's the message you're getting? Too Large??? AND not to worry, MANY new members have a bit of trouble in the beginning.....quickly gets figured out!!!!:):)

MandyNS and i need help like this.
  8. MandyNS

MandyNS New Member

That's exactly it. They are too big lol. Trying to resize by emailing them to myself like they recommend in the forums but can't seem to get that to work and now see in the forums that it's because I'm using Gmail. Trying to access one of my other email accts now lol

i need help likes this.
  9. Aquitaine

@MandyNS Here's another option, if you're using your computer.....it pretty much doesn't matter which version WINDOWS you're on....it's all pretty similar!

The Program "PAINT" is built in to Windows..Under "Windows Accessories". So it's PROGRAM>WINDOWS ACCESSORIES>PAINT to open. Once in there, you're going to open FILE.....go to where you have your images saved.....open one, select RESIZE, select the PIXELS OPTION! Make sure the Aspect Ratio Box IS checked.....then to start try the size 640 in the top box....it will automatically put the correct figure in the lower box....then check at the bottom of the PAINT window & BE SURE the size of the image is reduced to under 1000 kb or 1 MB....then click FILE again when you're happy and click SAVE AS if you want to retain your ORIGINAL IMAGE and RENAME it.....AND REMEMBER WHERE YOU SAVE IT!!!! I 'think' I hit everything you need to do to resize on your computer with the on-board program!!! When comfortable, you can also go larger that the '640' size as long as the whole size stays under the 1MB!!! Just take your time & don't rush through it....IF trying this, you might want to copy & print for reference!

10. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Mandy, lots of people have trouble posting photographs for the first time. Not a problem. Second time easy-peasy.

Debora

i need help and MandyNS like this.
  11. MandyNS

MandyNS New Member

Ok hoping this works! Had to resize lol

Attached Files:

Houseful likes this.
  12. MandyNS

MandyNS New Member

Photos now posted thanks!:)

13. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

BFB9A695-8EB8-4C23-8C67-7293EEE81DF3.jpeg 319099EE-E789-42D4-B015-59018BFB1C0D.jpeg 1E1DB505-407D-4A05-9280-93144D42B8FB.jpeg 5927F725-5BE2-474D-AC58-2F91E87CAB69.jpeg 459F8F73-959A-48F8-9D7D-93EC40A80C2A.jpeg Great job on the photos! I just made them bigger, by checking Full Image.

MandyNS and Debora like this.
  14. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Not quite done. You'll want to go back and post as Full Image when given a choice between that and Thumbnail.

Debora

MandyNS likes this.
  15. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

That's going to be a little artisan souvenir painted on pieces of a commercial set. Extremely unlikely that you'll find additional painted pieces of same. No additional markings to identify set maker?

Debora

MandyNS and i need help like this.
  16. i need help

I wonder if the clover is covering an additional mark, like some importers do?

17. MandyNS

MandyNS New Member

No other markings unfortunately. I was startled when I turned them over and saw how bright they were and not the leaves. I plan on having them cleaned so I can display them. Thought I'd take a chance trying to complete the set. Even if I can't locate more I'll still put them out :)

i need help likes this.
  18. blooey

blooey Well-Known Member

The basic material shape/design (less decoration) looks like it could be German - I think possibly a hobbyist decorated blank - again, possibly that clover could be covering up the manufacturer's mark as suggested by INH and Debora above.

kentworld likes this.
  19. MandyNS

MandyNS New Member

Thanks! I'm going to try and see if I can see any trace of a marking through any of the clovers. It's a place to start. I have other boxes I haven't opened yet so maybe I'll find some more surprises!:joyful:

Aquitaine likes this.
  20. i need help

Can you post a photo of the clover straight on, instead of at an angle?

Draft saved Draft deleted