Featured Looking for history Info of locket.

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by Antique shopper, Dec 1, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 0CA7A5B3-B4B7-49FD-B461-D9E3DFF21B58.jpeg BD8E8F20-B762-4E1D-BC97-48E2505DDE9A.jpeg Hi!

I am trying to see if anyone can help me identify the images of the people inside a locket I purchased. The photos can not be removed. I did try using google images to look up each person with no luck. The locket is made by Boucheron. I sent them a message as well, but have not heard back from their customer support. The little girls image looks familiar, but I can’t remember where I’ve seen it, and it may just be me having seen it on google from my purchase. Any help would be appreciated to help me get started in the journey. I will attach the photos.

thank you.

2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

husband and a daughter........ that would go in a woman's locket !

silverbell and IvaPan like this.
  3. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

I think someone's husband and son, rather than daughter.
    If Boucheron doesn't find who bought the locket, we may never know who that someone, her husband or her son were.

komokwa and kyratango like this.
  4. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

He takes after his father.

Debora

komokwa likes this.
  5. komokwa

well, if that's a boy !!! he's a rock & roller in his heart !!!! :playful::playful::playful::playful::eek::eek::eek::eek::woot::woot::woot:

6. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

I wonder whether these are actually pictures of the same man at different ages.

kyratango and komokwa like this.
  7. I agree. But I haven’t found a family photo.

8. Never thought of that…. But I think it is a daughter because on the child’s side there is hair in the locket

9. There’s hair on the child’s side of the locket. I think it’s a girl.

10. It’s from 1880s. Hope they have a record. It’s a very unique locket

11. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Little boys used to have long hair. It is a boy's face and style of haircut.

kyratango and Bakersgma like this.
  12. komokwa

I think it's high time to show us the locket !!!!!!!!!!:confused:

kyratango, Debora and Any Jewelry like this.
  13. This is also true. Something to consider. I really hope to find a family photo with a mother wearing the locket. I’ve checked a few old photos in the library of Congress but they may only have American photos so that limits the search if the individuals are not American

kyratango and Any Jewelry like this.
  15. It is a very large locket by Boucheron.

16. Bakersgma

Do you have a surname? Any names at all?

17. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

I think the collar indicates a little boy still in short pants.

I can't tell in the other photo whether or not he appears to be old enough to shave, or is there just some shadow?

kyratango and Any Jewelry like this.
  19. From I see he has no farcical hair. He does look old enough to shave, but he has no facial hair. Just my opinion though.

Bronwen likes this.
  20. Bakersgma

I can certainly appreciate that. But how are you going to find a picture of the family with the mother wearing the locket if you don't have any names? I'm confused.