Featured Looking for ID on 2 different Vaseline Glass Goblets

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Curioser, Jun 18, 2021.

1. Curioser

Curioser Well-Known Member

I suppose they are wines or cordials, but I'm calling them goblets to be on the safe side.

The taller has an opalescent rim, a double band of triangles under that and a floral band around the bowl. It is 5" high.

The other has an arch window with a row of squares above and below a row of X boxes. It is 4 3/8" high. Both are 3-part molds.

I found one on Google search at a site called Surplus Outlet but when I clicked the window the item was not there.

I don't have a black light so I can't say how either would react to that.

I sure appreciate any help y'all can provide!
    2_vaseliine_glass_goblets_1.jpg

2. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

The goblet on the left is in the pattern Wildflower made originally by Adams & Co. in the 1880s. It would be from the category Early American Pattern Glass. However, the goblets were reproduced like crazy so I don't know if this one is an original. Adams did make it in yellow glass, but I'm not sure about opalescent yellow glass.

Your 2nd glass is also EAPG but I haven't found the pattern yet.

3. Curioser

Curioser Well-Known Member

Super! I will have to assume these are newer as I can't prove otherwise. I appreciate the fast response!

judy and Bronwen like this.
  4. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

that Wildflower is very likely a Wright reproduction piece

the other is Orion (AKA: Cathedral) by Bryce Bros. c1886

Last edited: Jun 18, 2021
    judy, Bronwen and ola402 like this.
  5. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

Even the L G Wright reproduction is still a bit old, made during the 1960s. I found a photo of this one in my reference book. An old catalog page was shown. And the Orion goblet is definitely antique.

judy, DizzyDaff and Bronwen like this.
  6. Cherryhill

Cherryhill Well-Known Member

Don't get excited about L G Wright wares. They were made for sale to antique dealers so they could foist them off on their customers. Wright used several different glass companies to make his products.

TallCakes likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted