Looking for info about space age table lamp

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by Sandy1412, Nov 15, 2018.

1. Sandy1412

Sandy1412 New Member

ov_img_20181114_150610.jpg View attachment 149827 Hi all,
    This is my first post here and I hope to get everything right. So I found a pretty cool table lamp which I believe to be space age (really don't know to much about all this...) and I was wondering if anyone could tell me a bit more about it, especially as the shade isn't in great condition and I would like to know a bit more before investing time and money.

All hints are appreciated.
    Thanks so much in advance!
    Sandy

Last edited: Nov 15, 2018
    komokwa likes this.
  2. James Conrad

James Conrad Well-Known Member

WELCOME! Sadly, i don't have a clue about your lamp except, photo is sideways. Others will be along that know lamps.

Christmasjoy and Sandy1412 like this.
  3. Sandy1412

Sandy1412 New Member

Thank you, James! I fixed my post:) I had posted it from my phone and there I couldn't figure out how to turn the photo

Christmasjoy, judy and James Conrad like this.
  4. judy

judy Well-Known Member

Welcome to Antiquers Sandy!

Sorry to say that I can't help.......others will be along to offer opinions.

Sandy1412 and James Conrad like this.
  5. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum, Sandy.

6. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Welcome!

First thought, it is an unusual color for the 50's/60's. Wondering if this might be a newer take on that style. Do you have a photo of the plug by chance?

7. Sandy1412

Sandy1412 New Member

Thank you for your reply! I did a bit more research and I was probably wrong about space age, it could be Italian modernism, I saw lamps of a company that made similar ones in the 70s but as you said as well the color is weird, also the ones that I saw were gold....Good idea about the cable!! I'll check on the weekend as it's at my in-laws house at the moment.

8. Sandy1412

Sandy1412 New Member

Thank you all so much for the warm welcome!!

9. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

It's a cool lamp. The color says 1950s/60s but if it was a bedroom lamp, who knows. In my opinion however, that lamp shade needs to go anyway.

Christmasjoy and judy like this.
  10. AuDragon

AuDragon Well-Known Member

Hello Sandy and welcome.

Christmasjoy and judy like this.
  11. Pat P

Pat P Well-Known Member

Welcome. :)

I'm wondering if the lampshade may not be original? It doesn't look quite right to me with that base. I don't have expertise here, though... it's just a hunch.

judy and Christmasjoy like this.
  12. Sandy1412

Sandy1412 New Member

Thanks so much for your thought, I had another look today and I know where you're coming from but I'm pretty sure it's the original lampshade.(it is a curious piece...) The color on the inside matches perfectly and I'd also say that the age of the base and shade are the same.

Pat P likes this.
  13. Sandy1412

Sandy1412 New Member

Thank you, I know what you mean...at the beginning I felt the same way about the lampshade but in a weird way I grown quite fond of it in the meanwhile.The photo doesn't really do it justice and its an interesting combination...

Pat P likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted