Looking for Info on Glass Face Paperweight

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by dgbjwc, Jul 2, 2019.

1. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Hello Everyone! I'm seeking any information regarding this glass face paperweight. It measures 3 1/2" across and 1 1/2" tall. I thought maybe Scandinavian but internet searches didn't turn anything up. I believe it's clear glass with a layer of turquoise glass on the bottom. Any help on who, what, when, where would be very much appreciated. Thank you!
    Don

IMG_20190702_111727411.jpg IMG_20190702_111736851.jpg IMG_20190702_111748364.jpg

scoutshouse and pearlsnblume like this.
  2. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

scoutshouse likes this.
  3. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Interesting. Looks like a sulphide which has lost its back.

scoutshouse likes this.
  4. scoutshouse

scoutshouse Well-Known Member

It's a lovely thing, @dgbjwc but doesn't look like it's been around for too long (judging by the images)

Then this:

Maybe why there's not a lot of wear?

5. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

I must agree that it does look new There are no signs of wear on the base. It's not a sulfide though. It's more like the image is molded in.
    Don

scoutshouse likes this.
  6. UncleChuckTX

UncleChuckTX Well-Known Member

Kosta Boda did / does many things with faces. But I wouldn't expect to see that amount of bubbles from them.

scoutshouse likes this.
  7. janettekay

janettekay Well-Known Member

first impressions ...lots of bubbles (and not the good "controlled" ones!!! LOL) Seems recent and not familiar to me as from any artist I am familiar with......student piece ?

KikoBlueEyes and scoutshouse like this.
  8. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Looks like it will go into the "New Unknown" category. Thanks for the help everyone!
    Don

pearlsnblume likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted