Looking for info on pair of stamped oriental vases

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by MTswirls, Aug 27, 2019.

1. MTswirls

MTswirls Well-Known Member

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to learn about these oriental vases. I believe they're hand painted. One of the vases is missing its lid. Any thoughts on origin, production date, estimated value, etc. would be very helpful. Thanks!

IMG_7849.jpeg

IMG_7850.jpeg IMG_7831.jpeg IMG_7847.jpeg
    IMG_7848.jpeg IMG_7836.jpeg IMG_7830.jpeg

Christmasjoy likes this.
  2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

how tall
    how wide...
    look to me like made in the last 40 years or less...

40 bucks......25 without the lid.....good for decoration...

PortableTreasures and MTswirls like this.
  3. kentworld

kentworld Well-Known Member

Yes, I think sometime 20th c. Transfer print with some hand colouring.

MTswirls and Bakersgma like this.
  4. MTswirls

They're about 14 inches tall by 8 1/2 wide at the widest point. Are you suggesting $40 for the one with the lid and $25 for the one without?

5. MTswirls

Ahh transfer printing makes sense. I was wondering how they had such extensive detail. Thanks!

6. komokwa

Well, 14 inches ,IMO, is small for a really nice vase.
    & while pretty I don't see these as particularly nice.
    The colors are muddy , the faces just some simple lines, & the design seems jumbled & without a flow to it. .... IMO !!!!

This site is not really one for values...but I'm tossing out what I think are ballparks prices if trying to sell these.

Even as a pair which will up the value....anyone seeing them will first ask..." where's the 2nd lid " ??

7. MTswirls

Yeah, I don't really disagree with anything you've said. Thanks for the input!

komokwa likes this.
  8. komokwa

It's only my opinion...others may agree or disagree....
    I'm certainly not the pottery guy here...;):rolleyes::rolleyes: , but to me it seems that we see our fair share of these pots and vases here.....and the answers mostly point to newer made Chinese imports....
    I myself have two lovely planters....one very large....but I know my folks got them for decoration....& one day I found similar works being sold in an upscale Chinese store. The whole place was filled with these .... big and small ....and they all just arrived by boat............. that was in the mid 90's.

MTswirls, Bakersgma and KikoBlueEyes like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted