Featured Looking for info on this piece!

Discussion in 'Textiles, Needle Arts, Clothing' started by Merfles, Aug 18, 2020.

1. Merfles

Merfles Member

I bought this classy lady recently because I just loved her, but I have no idea how old it is, what the original purpose of the piece was, etc.
    Anyone have any ideas? I'd like to wash it, but I'm not going to attempt it until I know more...

Attached Files:

2. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Bobbed hair and a cigarette makes it 1920s more than likely.

Debora

3. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Did you notice there are two straw in the drink? Wonder what that means. ;)

Debora

Last edited: Aug 18, 2020
  4. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

That is so cool ! She definitely looks like shes open to entertaining,Deb ! Just a doily to pretty up a tabletop.

5. Merfles

Merfles Member

She's so much fun, I just HAD to have her! I'm currently working on getting her properly framed in an old oval frame, hence the wanting to give her a bath...

6. Merfles

Merfles Member

That was my best guess, a fancy doily for an oval table, maybe for a gentlemans parlour ;)

7. Merfles

Merfles Member

Someone else said possibly 30's too, so I suppose that's the ballpark time period, earlier 20th centuryish.

Christmasjoy and Bronwen like this.
  8. Bookahtoo

Bookahtoo Moderator Moderator

I don't know if there's a safe way to wash that - I can guarantee I would wreck it. :oops:

9. Merfles

Merfles Member

Yeaaaaah I'm most concerned with the colors, I have no idea how colorfast they are, they already lookso faded and light...

Christmasjoy and Bronwen like this.
  10. Bookahtoo

Bookahtoo Moderator Moderator

If you choose the right color backing, cover her with glass, and place her in a low lit area, you're all set.

11. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

It's not uncommon to get 2 cocktail straws in a drink for one.

12. Merfles

Merfles Member

I found an oval frame big enough, now I need to get glass for it, sure made one heck of a project for myself haaha!

Any Jewelry, Christmasjoy and Bronwen like this.
  13. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

The look reminds me of Vogart patterns.

Bronwen and Merfles like this.
  14. mmarco102

mmarco102 Well-Known Member

If you truly love her, her age should not be an issue, and there is nothing wrong with a lady that is just a tad bit dirty at heart. It’s your life.
    :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

oh yeah, and did I mention she’s gorgeous:)

Last edited: Aug 19, 2020
    Merfles, Bronwen and johnnycb09 like this.
  15. Merfles

Merfles Member

Oh she's in good company, as far as being a little dirty, haaha!

mmarco102, Bronwen and pearlsnblume like this.
  16. Northern Lights Lodge

Northern Lights Lodge Well-Known Member

What a fun piece!
    Yes, I agree with 20's too! - 30's maybe... hard to tell by her clothing! LOL!
    Leslie

Merfles likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted